Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 FL DE Clay Burton (FSU Verbal)

Defensive End
Venice, FL (Venice)

Height: 6 foot-3
Weight: 230 lbs.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Offered by UC per Scout.

Also offered by 'everyone' but USC and Florida.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
swg
Epic Member

From GoldHelmet...

Clay is the brother of 2010 UF QB signee Trey Burton. Like fellow Florida DE Anthony Chickillo, Clay is also saying that he picked up an ND offer today. He currently holds offers from Clemson, Purdue, Rutgers, and Stanford, nothing from Florida yet. Clemson is actually an early favorite for him as they have apparently been recruiting him for some time now. Clay's response to the ND offer was pretty enthusiastic though and at least at first blush he is saying that he would like to make multiple visits to South Bend and considers the Irish to be his #2 choice right now after Clemson. This is another recruit with whom Tony Alford has apparently made quite an impression.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

From early april...

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2010...y-april-fools/

Quote:
7. Defensive end Clay Burton (6-4, 235) of Venice, Fla., will visit Georgia Tech on April 17, according to PalmettoSports.com. He currently has more than 10 scholarship offers, including Clemson, Notre Dame, West Virginia and South Florida. At the moment he lists calls Clemson as his leader right now. “It’s because of the relationship I have with the coaching staff. . . . It’s a place I want to spend my college years,” Burton told Palmetto’s Phil Kornblut.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

In late april, Clay listed a top five of Georgia Tech, ND, Clemson, Ole' Miss and UCF.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:13 AM   #6
swg
Epic Member

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...TS02/100519672

May 18, 2010
Tigers remain one of Burton's leaders

By Eric Guimaraes

DE Clay Burton (6-4 235) of Venice, FL says Clemson and Georgia Tech are his two favorites. "They are my top two right now," said Burton. "I've built really good relationships with the coaches at Clemson. I know them all by name." He already had offers from Clemson, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Purdue, Rutgers, South Florida, Stanford, West Virginia, Ole Miss, Memphis, and Florida International and has picked up offers recently from LSU, Tennessee, Pitt, and Cincinnati. In June, Burton will take an unofficial to Notre Dame and plans to visit LSU and Tennessee over the summer as well. "I really want to get back to Clemson and Georgia Tech too, if I can," he added. Burton is wrapping up spring practices and says he has been "humbled and overwhelmed" by the coaches stopping by his school to visit with him. He says he does not plan to attend any camps.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Bio: Burton has said his top five is down to UT, Notre Dame, LSU, Georgia Tech and Clemson. That's good company to be in considering Burton is one of the top defensive ends in the region.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/...10fourtowatch/
Old 05-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #8
swg
Epic Member

Moving this thread to the recruiting archives until further notice. I'm sure the offer needed to be made, but until further notice....fruitless.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:35 PM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Will take a official to the UT/UF game.

From tharinger.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

FSU offered.