Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
'11 MI ILB Lawrence Thomas (MSU Verbal)

Inside Linebacker
Detroit, MI (Renaissance HS)

Height: 6 foot-4
Weight: 232 lbs.
Forty: 4.62
Bench Max:
Squat Max:
Shuttle:
Vertical: 34'

Offered by UC, and interest from everyone.

Possible 5 star rating.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Detroit Renaissance linebacker Lawrence Thomas: Though no official rankings have been released, many believe Thomas will be Michigan's No. 1 recruit for the class of 2011. The 6-foot-4, 230-pounder already has offers from across the nation, including both MSU and Michigan. Thomas is the latest in the new trend -- Renaissance producing high quality recruits.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010013...spect-for-2011
Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt8eN...layer_embedded
Old 02-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

Ranked 7th on Scout 150 top prospects.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

The top football prospect in Michigan for the class of 2011 is Detroit Renaissance linebacker Lawrence Thomas. The 6-foot-4, 240-pounder has an impressive list of scholarship offers and earlier this week, that list grew when he got offers from Southern Cal and Illinois.

The Trojans and Fighting Illini join a long list of suitors including the Spartans, Wolverines and the defending national champion Crimson Tide. Michigan State verbally offered Thomas almost a year ago and they sent him his written offer the first day allowable by the NCAA. Thomas now has more than 20 written scholarship offers.

Earlier this week, Thomas was selected to the rivals.com preseason top 250 list and he will get serious consideration for five-star status. Many believe Thomas is a better prospect than the last two five-star recruits from Michigan: Detroit Southeastern's William Gholston (MSU) and Detroit Cass Tech's William Campbell (Michigan).

http://www.freep.com/article/2010021...as-many-offers
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

What a beast Lawrence Thomas is. He is huge but very lean at 6-4 and 230. He has a reported 4.6 forty. I don't know whether that is accurate. It is a reported number not one he ran at a camp or combine. I know what I see on film. His game speed is most important and there is no question about that. His read and react, are top drawer. He has the ability that I call "ghost", which is the uncanny ability that some linebackers have to keep themselves clean of blockers. So often blockers are not getting a hand on him. He has only a couple of negatives. He has too many arm tackles and too much drag down tackling. A linebacker has to bring it. If he misses you have a ball carrier in the secondary. The other negative is the size. He is a really big kid and might grow into a DE. If you absolutely must have an LB then this kid gets pushed down the list some. I would not worry about it. I would be all over this kid. The Buckeyes are working hard but Michigan State is the team to beat.

http://www.duanelongreport.com/2010/...nebackers.html
Old 02-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Has named MSU his leader.

The Spartans could end up with a decent class this year.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #8
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I hate to say it, but if we don't get him I hope Dantonio does. I use to not pull for MSU but ever since UC hired Butch I am concerned that is his dream job. The more Dantonio succeeds the better off UC will be.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #9
swg
Epic Member

Recent offers include Tenn, LSU, Georgia.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Says OSU and UF are currently recruiting him really hard but things aren't going well with Michigan right now (not sure what that means, aside from RichRod possibly being on hot seat, or the problems with the NCAA). Only interested in playing LB in college.