Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #1391
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Guys I root against X as hard as anyone but lets keep things in perspective. Kid got caught with some pot. I think its legal in 27 states now. Should be legal in all of them especially for medical use. I hope he moves on and has a nice career in NBA.
Going 75 in a 55 zone with Pot on you, and you smelling of it (presumably from using) is more about his decision making with whats at stake than it is about how Pot should be legal.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #1392
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
X just picked up grad transfer Kerem Kanter. Not sure how good he is but his brother is in the NBA. If blueitt does stay that team will be stacked.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #1393
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
Going 75 in a 55 zone with Pot on you, and you smelling of it (presumably from using) is more about his decision making with whats at stake than it is about how Pot should be legal.
Fair point but young people don't always make good decisions. I myself can attest to that.If I said I never did something as stupid I'd be lying.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #1394
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guys I root against X as hard as anyone but lets keep things in perspective. Kid got caught with some pot. I think its legal in 27 states now. Should be legal in all of them especially for medical use. I hope he moves on and has a nice career in NBA.
I read that he also had hash oil. Are you sure it's legal in 27 states and not just decriminalized? I'm not judging him for the weed, but it's just stupid of him to put himself in that situation based on what he has coming up. It's like the guys who fail the drug test at the NFL Combine. It's not that they smoke weed, it's that they can't lay off of it even when they know they'll be tested. Same type of situation here imo. Why is he driving around with that?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM   #1395
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No He was caught with Pot going 20 MPH over the speed limit and driving while high.

Smoking pot should be legal, but intoxicated driving of any kind is wrong. When I have my kid In the car, anything related to someone being intoxicated or distracted, is a big deal to me
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:02 PM   #1396
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I read that he also had hash oil. Are you sure it's legal in 27 states and not just decriminalized? I'm not judging him for the weed, but it's just stupid of him to put himself in that situation based on what he has coming up. It's like the guys who fail the drug test at the NFL Combine. It's not that they smoke weed, it's that they can't lay off of it even when they know they'll be tested. Same type of situation here imo. Why is he driving around with that?
Jake agree completely. He certainly could have made a much better decision. Just don't see the need to pile on him. Especially when I have made my share of mistakes along the way.

Here is a bit more accurate info in its legalization:

Marijuana Legalization (8): Colorado, Washington, Oregon, Alaska, California, Maine, Massachusetts, Nevada (also Washington, DC)

Marijuana Decriminalization (13): Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri*, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont

Medical Marijuana Legalization (29): Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana*, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota*, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York*, North Dakota, Ohio*, Oregon, Pennsylvania*, Rhode Island, Vermont, Washington (also, Washington, DC)

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 04-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:05 PM   #1397
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Fair point but young people don't always make good decisions. I myself can attest to that.If I said I never did something as stupid I'd be lying.
It just seems like Mack has a knack for recruiting guys who don't make good decisions.

I don't think smoking pot is a big issue, I smoked my self stupid while I was in high school but, we should be looking at any kind of intoxicated driving the way we do drinking and driving.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 02:06 PM   #1398
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
No He was caught with Pot going 20 MPH over the speed limit and driving while high.

Smoking pot should be legal, but intoxicated driving of any kind is wrong. When I have my kid In the car, anything related to someone being intoxicated or distracted, is a big deal to me
Won't argue with your logic. I feel the same.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #1399
UC86

UC86 is on a distinguished road
Didn't know where to put this but I just saw the NCAA announced the tourney sites from 2019-2022 and it looks like Cincinnati is hosting first round games in 2022. Obviously it's a long way down the road but curious if anyone would know where the games would be held. I thought I saw US bank arena couldn't host because they didn't have enough locker rooms, so do this mean a renovation in the future for US bank arena?

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/sta...80766200987649
UC86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:38 PM   #1400
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UC86 View Post
Didn't know where to put this but I just saw the NCAA announced the tourney sites from 2019-2022 and it looks like Cincinnati is hosting first round games in 2022. Obviously it's a long way down the road but curious if anyone would know where the games would be held. I thought I saw US bank arena couldn't host because they didn't have enough locker rooms, so do this mean a renovation in the future for US bank arena?

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/sta...80766200987649
LOL. Okay then. Whos footing this bill for renovations? Maybe RC Cola since US bank is the only reason they are still a thing
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote