No 8 13.56%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #511
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Does anybody else kind of think SMU will fall back into being irrelevant the further they get from Larry Brown recruiting for them? I keep hearing their name as a top tier team, but I don't see that being sustained. They sold their soul for Larry brown. He did what he does -- wins, recruits, gets on probation and leaves. Obviously the conference needs them to be good, but I'll believe it when I see it long term.
I think they lose a lot with just losing their seniors. Those 2 were as solid as it gets. And if they lose semi, that's prob 60/70 % of their scoring. They still may be in the 2nd teir AAC in my opinion. Not much competition
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #512
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Regardless of how good a coach jankovich is, and I think he seems to be a good coach, that means nothing for recruiting. Reality is players came to play for Larry Brown because he's about a big a name as there is for guys with NBA dreams. With him gone you have a team that has two first round exits in the last three years (actually the last 24 years), hasn't been out of the first round since 1988 and hasn't been to the sweet 16 since 1967. (And yeah I had to look that up). Mick has trouble recruiting guys here and we seem a blue blood compared to them. I just think their sky will fall very quickly.
I still think they stay relevent. Good area, I think a good coach, and I think the school has money. (If I learned anything from the 30 for 30)
Old 03-23-2017, 07:51 PM   #513
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I still think they stay relevent. Good area, I think a good coach, and I think the school has money. (If I learned anything from the 30 for 30)
I'll say if they want to pour money into basketball then they have it. Thus far they bought Larry Brown. They didn't spend money on OOC scheduling. I think "relevant" is depending on what you consider relevant. I see absolutely no way they stay a top 30 team nationally. Browns players are disappearing fast and as mentioned before they didn't make the tourney for 21 straight years before making two of the last three, which was two first round losses sandwiched around a probation year. They play in the AAC in Big 12 country. Who's being enticed to go there by a relatively unknown coach? I'd say they can stay top half of the AAC, but that's not saying much. At best they're Tulsa in a few years under status quo. Just my opinion.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #514
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
SMU has a decent incoming class. Number 48 nationally and second in the AAC. Doesn't seem like a huge drop-off. Their 24th ranked class from 2013 was their best, but a bit of an outlier since 2010.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #515
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@VerbalCommits
Connecticut F Steven Enoch (SO) is leaving the program. (HT @GoodmanESPN) https://t.co/H9yo3f6oGW
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:41 PM   #516
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@VerbalCommits
Connecticut F Steven Enoch (SO) is leaving the program. (HT @GoodmanESPN) https://t.co/H9yo3f6oGW
Read on twitter, could be some staff firings too and maybe more players dipping out.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #517
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Read on twitter, could be some staff firings too and maybe more players dipping out.
Does UConn move on from Ollie soon?
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 03:49 PM   #518
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Uconn recruit asking for a release. Top 100 pg. Things don't seem to be going well there
Old 04-03-2017, 12:50 PM   #519
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@JonRothstein
UConn's Juwan Durham will transfer, per his twitter page. Former Top-100 prospect.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #520
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@JonRothstein
UConn's Juwan Durham will transfer, per his twitter page. Former Top-100 prospect.
Wow. What the hell is going on there?
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote