Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 06-15-2010, 05:32 AM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The state of Indiana is loaded with wing talent in the class of 2012 and Hollowell is right near the top of the list. He's got excellent size at 6-foot-6, 195 pounds and he plays a balanced inside/outside game.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1094268
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
In addition to hearing from Tom Crean, Hollowell also heard from three new schools — Florida, Michigan and Southern Illinois — as well as Ohio State, Tennessee, Illinois, Xavier, Cincinnati, Indiana State and Miami (FL).

My guess is he is currently an Ohio State lean.

http://www.insidethehall.com/
Old 07-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
star_recruits Indiana assistant Tim Buckley here watching Eric Gordon 16s with Jeremy Hollowell and Co.
about 2 hours ago via web
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:02 AM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Very few players in the 2012 class can make things look easier than Hollowell. He is bordering on 6-foot-7, and simply there is nothing on a basketball floor he isn't capable of doing. Hollowell was super smooth on Tuesday, and while he didn't score a ton of points, he rebounded, blocked shots, dished out assists, and brought the ball up the floor. With him focused, he is a special talent, and he showed it during a big win over the Ohio Basketball Club.

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.c...sp?CID=1100689
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

The talented wing player is continuing his strong summer playing with the Eric Gordon 16u AAU team. I’d be lying if I said he was the most productive player on the circuit, but he just has so many tools to impact the game. He’s a legitimate 6’7, can handle the ball like a guard, and has the length to impact the glass as well. This weekend he was very aggressive off the dribble, taking opponents to the rim first and knocking down his shot second. He also showed off great athleticism, catching a couple ally-oop dunks and finishing some acrobatic lay ups.

http://www.insidethehall.com/
Old 08-04-2010, 08:37 PM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

He will decide between Ohio State and Indiana. Xavier is in his final 3 but he will be a Buckeye or Hoosier.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
star_recruits Patterson said "it's nice to have the monkey off my back" and have a decision made. Trying to convince J.Hollowell to also choose IU.
about 3 hours ago via web
Old 08-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #18
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
IMO, Hollowell probably has less than a 1% chance of coming to UC.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #19
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Lawrence Central junior Jeremy Hollowell still plans to visit Ohio State on Saturday for the Buckeyes' football game against Miami (Fla.), but he'll do it on crutches. The 6-7 Hollowell severely sprained his right ankle during a pickup game at his high school on Tuesday and will be on crutches for two weeks.

"I went up to block a pass or something and came down on it wrong," he said. "I can't put any pressure on it right now."

Hollowell is excited for the visit - "I've heard it's a really big game," he said - and the opportunity to meet up with former Ohio State All-American and NBA rookie Evan Turner, who has told him he'll be there. The Ohio State coaches have compared Hollowell's potential and style of game to Turner.

"We've got to be pretty good friends," Hollowell said. "He told me he'd see me there for the game. I hear LeBron (James) is supposed to be there, too."

After the Ohio State visit, Hollowell plans to visit Indiana on Sept. 18 with his mother. The swingman said he had recent phone conversation with IU coach Tom Crean about the visit and said Crean was still hoping to visit Thursday at open gym despite Hollowell's injury.

"He's a good guy," Hollowell said of Crean. "I've got to know him a little bit now and we talk about stuff, not just all about on the court."

Hollowell has said Indiana and Ohio State are his favorites, but he's not discounting other programs at this point. Though he doesn't have dates set, he said he'd also like to take unofficial visits to Cincinnati, Florida and Xavier and possibly Louisville.

http://blogs.indystar.com/recruiting...-on-hollo.html
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #20
swg
Epic Member

star_recruits IndyStar Recruits
BLOG: Hollowell taking his time; Purdue showing interest http://bit.ly/gjh4rp