Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #131
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Not to get too off-topic but I just purchased tickets for my buddy and I to go to the draft in Brooklyn. It's been one of my top sports bucket list items since I've been a kid and I finally had a reason to shell out the $$$ (my tickets were $43/piece after fees) to hopefully see Evans get drafted in the first round.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 06:36 PM   #132
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Not to get too off-topic but I just purchased tickets for my buddy and I to go to the draft in Brooklyn. It's been one of my top sports bucket list items since I've been a kid and I finally had a reason to shell out the $$$ (my tickets were $43/piece after fees) to hopefully see Evans get drafted in the first round.
Not Off topic at all. Reporter is what the vibe is. I would also love to go to the draft there. Tons of energy and New York swagger
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #133
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

I follow the Lakers on Facebook and saw that Kyle Washington worked out for them today. Evans worked out for them not too long ago as well.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:34 AM   #134
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
NBA Draft week.

I googled mock drafts this morning, and some of the websites did not show JE as a first rounder. I don't know how reliable the mock drafters were. I truly think he gets drafted in the first round, however, there seems to be a boat load of talent.

Is this a pretty deep draft class in everyone's opinions?"
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:19 PM   #135
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
NBA Draft week.

I googled mock drafts this morning, and some of the websites did not show JE as a first rounder. I don't know how reliable the mock drafters were. I truly think he gets drafted in the first round, however, there seems to be a boat load of talent.

Is this a pretty deep draft class in everyone's opinions?"
I think there's a very strong possibility Evans goes between #23 and #26 and if not then, still a better than not chance he goes in the first round. There appears to be a high demand for wings in this year's draft with more teams trying to follow Golden State's model of putting multiple 6'6, 6'7 players on the floor who can handle the ball, shoot 3s, rebound, and defend.

I can't comment on the overall depth of this draft class but I don't think there's a big difference between what Evans has to offer compared to any other non-lottery competition he's going up against.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #136
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
espy article this morning has him 23rd to the pacers, calling him a better shooting version of Lance. Interesting. Physical comparisons to Caldwell-Pope and Buddy Hield
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:31 PM   #137
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Jacob Evans on MSN page. 15 best sleepers in the NBA draft
Larry Brown Sports
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:46 AM   #138
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Real excited for tonight.

I'm hoping to see Evans stay a first rounder.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #139
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Real excited for tonight.

I'm hoping to see Evans stay a first rounder.
One can hope. Would love having a Bearcat back in the 1st round...best of luck to him!

And honestly, I'd be happier if Gary Clark got drafted even more...no matter where. That kid is so special as a player and a person and if he gets a chance he will not waste it.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:54 AM   #140
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
One can hope. Would love having a Bearcat back in the 1st round...best of luck to him!

And honestly, I'd be happier if Gary Clark got drafted even more...no matter where. That kid is so special as a player and a person and if he gets a chance he will not waste it.
Agreed on Gary. I mean even if he doesn't get drafted he's going to have an extremely high chance of making a team, it's just always cool to know he was drafted.