Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-26-2016, 09:34 AM   #381
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Now we need Evans to get rid of the flat top and we're going to win it all...

No, he needs the flat top to be 6'6".
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:45 PM   #382
A_O

A_O is on a distinguished road
Stephenson is signing a one-year deal with the Pelicans. Hope it works out for him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ms-1-year-deal
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:06 AM   #383
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
DeBerry tweeted a picture of the NBA D-League logo and captioned it, " My Next Move"

https://twitter.com/DEBERRY22/status/778275943429341184
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:22 AM   #384
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
DeBerry tweeted a picture of the NBA D-League logo and captioned it, " My Next Move"

https://twitter.com/DEBERRY22/status/778275943429341184
http://www.hollandsentinel.com/sport...thailand-title

Led a Thailand team to a championship this summer.

“I got a chance to play freely and really show what I can do," DeBerry said.

Good for him.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM   #385
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Well when he finally got a chance to play here he showed he could carry a team for a while. Don't get why he didn't get more playing time. His quote to me sounds like a dig at Cronin.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:26 PM   #386
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Well when he finally got a chance to play here he showed he could carry a team for a while. Don't get why he didn't get more playing time. His quote to me sounds like a dig at Cronin.
I liked deberry and thought he probably deserved more minutes. With that said, he didn't get more minutes because he couldn't rebound and couldn't play D. We all know which side Cronin leads to. But his inability to want to box out and rebound is on him and hurt us out there. I thought Ellis should've been a better rebounder too. My hopes is that Washington comes in and wants to rebound. Eliminating second chances for teams goes a long way, especially late in games where every possession is critical.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:41 PM   #387
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I liked deberry and thought he probably deserved more minutes. With that said, he didn't get more minutes because he couldn't rebound and couldn't play D. We all know which side Cronin leads to. But his inability to want to box out and rebound is on him and hurt us out there. I thought Ellis should've been a better rebounder too. My hopes is that Washington comes in and wants to rebound. Eliminating second chances for teams goes a long way, especially late in games where every possession is critical.
I've also heard other sides on why he didn't get as many minutes. Lets not assume Cronin is always to blame. Maybe he wasn't all there like an SK or a coachable player was. Did he come in wanting to get better and listed to the coaches? I just feel and know there's a lot more that goes into playing time than the product we see on the court.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:05 PM   #388
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
or maybe it's not a dig at all and just a positive comment about style of play at the professional level/in that league?
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #389
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I've also heard other sides on why he didn't get as many minutes. Lets not assume Cronin is always to blame. Maybe he wasn't all there like an SK or a coachable player was. Did he come in wanting to get better and listed to the coaches? I just feel and know there's a lot more that goes into playing time than the product we see on the court.
I wasn't suggesting it was cronin to blame. I think Cronin saw him as a liability on defense and he kind of was. Deberry didn't do the things necessary of him to beat out Ellis for minutes.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #390
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
....or maybe it really was a dig at Cronin. This forum likes to make every excuse possible that Cronin is never to blame for anything. He has been the architect of this program for a decade without much to show other than 6 straight "at large" bids to the tournament and a lot of players just like DeBerry, who never quite seem to live up to the hype we hear when they are being recruited and signed.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote