Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who would you red shirt?
Nsoseme 13 43.33%
Diarra 6 20.00%
T Moore 0 0%
Williams 1 3.33%
No red shirt 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Red Shirt Options

We aren't red shirting Evans, Cumberland, Washington, Clark, Q Moore, Scott, Brooks, Broome, Jenifer. Not happening.

The options would be Nsoseme, Diarra, T Moore, and Williams.

I think we should definitely red shirt a big. We absolutely do NOT need 7 bigs on the roster given that we can also play small ball in emergency. I don't really like the idea of red shirting a project/role player and taking up an extra year of schollie. That would be Nsoseme IMO. Unless Diarra provides a significant improvement over Scott...I would choose Diarra this year. He has the highest ceiling and we don't want to waste a year of it playing him 5 minutes per game IMO. If he is significantly better than Scott...then I say let him play and give him decent minutes.

On the wing we don't have a lot of depth but we do have the option of playing Jenifer and moving over Broome in emergency. If we let Williams or T Moore play this year we have 2 back up options on the wing (including the Jenifer/Broome option). We still may be a little thin on the wing for my taste. I would probably choose not to red shirt a wing...but if we did I would probably go with Moore. Williams seems like the most ready of the two. T Moore has been heating up the summer league but not due to his 3 ball. That means he may have something more to offer (although we can't take much from summer league). He's getting to the line a lot which means he's been pretty aggressive at going to the rim. I like that. If we choose a wing to red shirt I would pick Moore and let him develop to be more than just a 3 point guy (which he's not currently lighting it up at).

Who would you select?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Can we get no one as an option?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Oh crap...lol! I don't know...can I change it?
Old 07-18-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Done
Old 07-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Take Williams off too. No way he redshirts. Id even be willing to take Moore off the list also.

Someone will be redshirted this year. money is on Nsoseme
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:11 AM   #6
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Williams is going to get a lot of minutes, he is going to be the primary back up for Cumberland and Evans he should get 20 mpg at least, both Cumberland and Evans could easily get into foul trouble.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:14 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Keep in mind we red shirted Scott when our only options at big were Clark, Ellis, Deberry, and Moore. DeBerry was a strong 3rd option but Moore was the emergency option and we had small ball as another emergency option. We didn't really need much more than that.

Now add 3 more to that list. Somebody isn't getting used.

Last edited by waterhead; 07-18-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Williams is going to get a lot of minutes, he is going to be the primary back up for Cumberland and Evans he should get 20 mpg at least, both Cumberland and Evans could easily get into foul trouble.
I would be astonished if Williams gets 20 minutes but equally impressed and encouraged. I would put him at 15 tops. If I am wrong...it's going to be one hell of a year!
Old 07-18-2017, 11:17 AM   #9
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Take Williams off too. No way he redshirts. Id even be willing to take Moore off the list also.

Someone will be redshirted this year. money is on Nsoseme
I would agree...he's not a likely red shirt candidate. I'm not sure Moore is either because we don't have a lot of depth on the wing.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I think Jenifer is going to get around 15 minutes. Not sure how many minutes Broome will get but if they play together...it will eat into Williams and Moore's minutes a little.