Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2017, 06:09 AM   #11
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's not easy for college teams to go months and months without having a single game where lack of focus does them in, or a stretch of the season where being in a rut as a team does, etc. No team ever realistically expects to just run the table at home. Maaaaybe KU or someone. But it doesn't just happen all the time. The 18-0 to me is a reflection of the maturity and focus of our team night in and night out. This team will always be remembered for this accomplishment, and they should be. No one can ever take it away from them.
Agreed, regardless of competition this is a great accomplishment by our players and staff. Congrats to them all, especially KJ and Troy who haven't always gotten as much appreciation as they may have deserved throughout their careers. Without KJ's late game D we lose to Marshall and without Troy's steady leadership we probably drop a game.

As a fan it's amazing to be able to head down to a full season worth of games and never have to head home frustrated. Last night was especially satisfying knowing that the next time I head to The Shoe for a game it will be a brand new arena. Loved the Shoe but it's time for an upgrade.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:58 AM   #12
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Agreed, regardless of competition this is a great accomplishment by our players and staff. Congrats to them all, especially KJ and Troy who haven't always gotten as much appreciation as they may have deserved throughout their careers. Without KJ's late game D we lose to Marshall and without Troy's steady leadership we probably drop a game.

As a fan it's amazing to be able to head down to a full season worth of games and never have to head home frustrated. Last night was especially satisfying knowing that the next time I head to The Shoe for a game it will be a brand new arena. Loved the Shoe but it's time for an upgrade.
agreed!! Going 18-0 is very nice and not easy to do. As a fan who attends many games going to Mio's after a win is much more enjoyable then sitting around after a loss. thanks to the team and staff for making this a very enjoyable home season. Now lets win the conference tourney and have a nice run in the big Dance.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:59 AM   #13
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Nice accomplishment but given the teams we played at home, if we beat Xavier we were most likely going to be undefeated...
Jesus.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #14
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We shouldn't have to go in and take the time to put someone on our ignore lists. They need to be removed. When it's this bad.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 03-03-2017 at 07:41 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:30 AM   #15
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Give him a break....we all need opposing viewpoints once in a while. He does have a valid point...which of those games was a surprise or upset that UC won?
It does seem petty and negative to always point out the flip side of what is still an outstanding accomplishment- I don't care who you play...to fight to the finish & never give in at home is what this team has been about- I am proud of what they and the coaching staff have done
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #16
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Give him a break....we all need opposing viewpoints once in a while. He does have a valid point...which of those games was a surprise or upset that UC won?
It does seem petty and negative to always point out the flip side of what is still an outstanding accomplishment- I don't care who you play...to fight to the finish & never give in at home is what this team has been about- I am proud of what they and the coaching staff have done
If this once a once in awhile thing, I think the reaction would be more as you suggest.

It's not. It's an all the time thing.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM   #17
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Give us a break and let us be happy.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #18
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm all for opposing viewpoints, but you gotta admit Whe you're wrong sometimes or be willing to listen to other viewpoints. Seems like he just post negatives about mick. We get it, you don't like him. I also think the home schedule was easy but going 18-0 is good no matter what
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #19
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post

Couldn't agree more. And I'm definitely guilty of this. The more you learn about these guys, the more you see that they are guys who were raised right and are class acts to their core. Really proud that they are on the team I root for, and really happy for them that they get to leave the fans with such a special accomplishment. The bar they have set for protecting our home floor will be something for all future Bearcats to try to live up to. Pretty cool for Troy and Kevin.

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 03-03-2017 at 09:28 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #20
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Couldn't agree more. And I'm definitely guilty of this. The more you learn about these guys, the more you see that they are guys who were raised right and are class acts to their core. Really proud that they are on the team I root for, and really happy for them that they get to leave the fans with such a special accomplishment. The bar they have set for protecting our home floor will be something for all future Bearcats to try to live up too. Pretty cool for Troy and Kevin.
I have also been guilty of it as well, especially with KJ, and sometimes their play has warranted criticism. I try not to be too critical of our players though because at the end of the day they're just kids playing basketball and they all want to win just as much as we want them to.

I was talking to my buddies at the game last night about Troy. I think he's so underappreciated by this fan base. He might not be the player we need him to be right now because for whatever reason his scoring has disappeared but he is one heck of a point guard. He's a throwback at his position and plays the point the way it used to be played. He is team first and there's no question he's our leader out on the floor.

I think if Troy played at Duke or North Carolina on a loaded team with lots of other guys around him who can score he'd be one of the most respected players in the country. Unfortunately for him we kind of need him to be a scorer at times and for whatever reason that area of his game has struggled this season. Troy is a true point guard in every sense of the position and I think fans are really going to miss him when he's gone. His contributions to this team have been immeasurable.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote