Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #421
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Rivalry games typically sellout (see the crosstown shootout), I'd be willing to bet top dollar that should this series continue into the future any game we play at home vs OSU would be a sell out. That is assuming our program stays somewhat relevant.
OSU is the one I would worry about staying relevant, missed tourney 2 years in a row and impending FBI probe could find its way to Columbus.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 10-03-2017 at 03:03 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #422
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Rivalry games typically sellout (see the crosstown shootout), I'd be willing to bet top dollar that should this series continue into the future any game we play at home vs OSU would be a sell out. That is assuming our program stays somewhat relevant.
uhhhhhhh what?
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:41 PM   #423
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
I feel sorry for the people who just find anything to complain about. The OSU series is a great OCC deal. Period. Anyone who thought UK, Duke,Kansas was coming here doesn't really know college basketball.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #424
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I feel sorry for the people who just find anything to complain about. The OSU series is a great OCC deal. Period. Anyone who thought UK, Duke,Kansas was coming here doesn't really know college basketball.
We have been complaining about getting "ducked" for years by OSU. I see little to complain about unless we really didn't want it to happen. Duke or Kansas is not going to ever be a rivalry game. Maybe UK...but I would rather have OSU 10 out of 10 times for in state rivalry purposes.

Last edited by waterhead; 10-03-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:26 PM   #425
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Since it is OSU, UC should assemble the 61 and 62 teams that beat OSU in the final 4 consecutive years and celebrate their accomplishments at halftime.
Would love to see this!
Old 10-03-2017, 04:33 PM   #426
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah if we can lock this thing into a yearly game, that's incredible in the long run. I'm very happy about this.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 05:11 PM   #427
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
uhhhhhhh what?
Not saying it won't, just saying that as long as UC basketball stays nationally ranked and competes for NCAA bids a game against OSU is always going to be a sellout draw.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #428
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Bingo. This is awesome.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:25 PM   #429
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Had it not had been framed like it was the biggest ticket in cincinnati, I’d agree that UK and other blue bloods are far fetched. I don’t care about ego or little brother syndrome, I care about quality basketball teams on our schedule. OSU will be a decent top 100 opponent but sure as hell isnt a blockbuster game.

Id be willing to bet the after market price of this years crosstown shootout tickets are pretty easily more expensive than osu and UC in early November (heart of football season). Xavier and UC is the hottest ticket in cincinnati and it’s not even close.

That all said, I do love the game. And I’ll glady be there, it’s just, this series is 5 years too late from being a marquee matchup that gets national attention., I framed in another post like Lebron and MJ playing one on one who is the best ever, yet Lebron is in his prime and MJ is 15 years past it. If we beat the shit out of osu will you really feel all this great ?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 PM   #430
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Had it not had been framed like it was the biggest ticket in cincinnati, I’d agree that UK and other blue bloods are far fetched.
I strongly believe it will be the toughest ticket to get in this town in a long time. The only way to get it will be through buying season tickets or paying at least double face value on the secondary market IMO. You don't see it that way. That's fine. I stand by what I posted...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote