Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 11 30.56%
UC wins by 6-10 14 38.89%
UC wins by 1-5 8 22.22%
Temple wins 3 8.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #621
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
This thread proves what I have said for years. I never understood why someone wants to post during the game. Maybe it's my age but there are too many emotions during the game, I'd rather yell at the TV, LOL. I am sure we all have negative thoughts towards players and coaches at times, I just let myself cool down before I would put them in print.
That's some real wisdom right there. Takes a lot of discipline.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #622
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Definitely takes luck to win a game like last night. I think our core this year though just has a lot more experience than that group. That team was basically Caupain and Evans as the only options late in the year. We have a lot of players who know how to play through a full 40 minute game.
As the quote from (supposedly) Roman philosopher Seneca goes; "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #623
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
This thread proves what I have said for years. I never understood why someone wants to post during the game. Maybe it's my age but there are too many emotions during the game, I'd rather yell at the TV, LOL. I am sure we all have negative thoughts towards players and coaches at times, I just let myself cool down before I would put them in print.
What's worse, I have found myself posting when I am sitting in the stands....that's just stupid, gotta stop that - reminds me of people who are so intent on getting pics of an event that they miss the event & only experience it on Instagram or FB
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #624
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
As the quote from (supposedly) Roman philosopher Seneca goes; "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity"

lets say kwash's 3 he makes 40% of the time and evans' game winner he hits 40% of the time. hitting them both back to back is low percentage.

then factor in how often temple misses the wide open 3's they had down the stretch, every single one of them.

people can call it whatever they want. im just glad we're on the right side of it cause we've been pretty unfortunate a lot in recent years.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:56 AM   #625
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
That foul on Cumberland might not should've been called, but when you fly sideways at a shooter and make contact they'll call it every time. Got to be smarter.

I was surprised to see Clark shooting technicals and not Evans as well.
On TV they said Clark was 86% I think. I'd take JEIII as well, but Mick must have felt good with GC.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #626
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
On TV they said Clark was 86% I think. I'd take JEIII as well, but Mick must have felt good with GC.
clark was 86% 2 games ago. now its at 80%. he's been 70% since the start of december.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 11:43 AM   #627
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Xavier gettin beat right now by the Friars. But they don't care, cuz they look fabulous in they glitter shorts.
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #628
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Cincinnati fans especially.
If you don’t understand the frustration I don’t know what to tell you. The team and offense was supposed to be the best team since the Huggins years and it looks exactly the same. If you are optimistic, that’s great, but I get the frustration.

Also every fan base is crazy. Go to any teams board that isn’t playing well. (I know we won). Or follow any soccer league outside of America. They are ready to fire a coach after 1 game. It not just here
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #629
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If you don’t understand the frustration I don’t know what to tell you. The team and offense was supposed to be the best team since the Huggins years and it looks exactly the same. If you are optimistic, that’s great, but I get the frustration.

Also every fan base is crazy. Go to any teams board that isn’t playing well. (I know we won). Or follow any soccer league outside of America. They are ready to fire a coach after 1 game. It not just here
We are 13-2. You'd think at some point that'd click with people and they'd realize it's pretty damn good. Instead it's "Yeah we may be 13-2 but what happened vs Harvard 5 years ago? And what will be happening next year?". It's so strange. This team this year can win any game. At what point do you admit as a fan that you are getting what you are claiming to root for? It's right in front of our faces. Our last home loss was over 2 calendar years ago. Season ticket holders just flat out don't see losses for years. Yet there's constant complaining. You would honestly think we are on the outside looking in on the NCAA Tournament by the way some people act. Just sitting back quietly while things go well, then rage-posting while they hate-watch when anything even goes the slightest bit wrong. We don't even have to lose for this to happen either. If these guys dare trail in a conference road game, some people are ready to get rid of it all. And the people who are here everyday are then supposed to show the same respect for these kinds of fans? No thanks. I'd rather not align with the trash portion of the fan base. And I won't be an apologist for it. There's a clear difference between people who have legitimate concerns (people like you and Longhaul), and people who use UC basketball as an outlet for their anger. And I won't let that 2nd group ever gain any traction no matter how hard they try.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:06 PM   #630
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

If you are older than our players and you spend several hours a week cussing them out and talking sh*t about them while you watch the games, you likely have some pretty serious issues.