Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #941
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,172
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think Romano is starting to find his footing a little bit. Bailey, Castillo, Mahle, and Romano could be an alright 1-4 for now.
Yea the pitching seems to be coming around. Would like to add a lefty to the rotation. Garrett has been lights out in the pen. I think eventually he will replace Finnegan. Stephenson had a very nice start last time out in Louisville. Reed is taking baby steps but showing improvement. Got to get Suarez, Schebler healthy and get Senzel up here. If I was running the reds Suarez would be my SS and Senzel would take over 3rd. Perraza would sub up the middle and in CF when needed. Gennett while he hits is terrible fielding as is Winker.

WAITE HOYT 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #942
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16,896
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Yea the pitching seems to be coming around. Would like to add a lefty to the rotation. Garrett has been lights out in the pen. I think eventually he will replace Finnegan. Stephenson had a very nice start last time out in Louisville. Reed is taking baby steps but showing improvement. Got to get Suarez, Schebler healthy and get Senzel up here. If I was running the reds Suarez would be my SS and Senzel would take over 3rd. Perraza would sub up the middle and in CF when needed. Gennett while he hits is terrible fielding as is Winker.
I 1000% agree.

Regular lineup against RHP for me would be

Gennett 2B
Suarez SS
Votto 1B
Duvall LF
Winker CF
Senzel 3B
Schebler RF
Barnhart C
P

I worry about Garrett going back into the rotation. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a legit starter. Last year his OPS allowed as the game went on was:

1st time through the order - .856 OPS allowed
2nd time through - .882 OPS allowed
3rd time through - 1.206 OPS allowed

He also allowed a higher OPS on regular rest than on an extra day. A little concerning for me.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:40 PM   #943
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,172
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I 1000% agree.

Regular lineup against RHP for me would be

Gennett 2B
Suarez SS
Votto 1B
Duvall LF
Winker CF
Senzel 3B
Schebler RF
Barnhart C
P

I worry about Garrett going back into the rotation. I'm not sure if he'll ever be a legit starter. Last year his OPS allowed as the game went on was:

1st time through the order - .856 OPS allowed
2nd time through - .882 OPS allowed
3rd time through - 1.206 OPS allowed

He also allowed a higher OPS on regular rest than on an extra day. A little concerning for me.
A couple of things Jake.
Garrett pitched through a hip injury las year after getting off to a nice start. He got healthy over the winter and pitched lights out in ST. I don't usually like to guage performance on spring numbers but his velocity was way up.

The other thing is I really don't think Winker could play CF. He is snail slow. Schebler would be better with Duvall in RF and Winker in LF.

Other then that I like your line up.
WAITE HOYT 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:48 PM   #944
jacobkdoyle
Senior Moderator
 
jacobkdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 16,896
jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
A couple of things Jake.
Garrett pitched through a hip injury las year after getting off to a nice start. He got healthy over the winter and pitched lights out in ST. I don't usually like to guage performance on spring numbers but his velocity was way up.

The other thing is I really don't think Winker could play CF. He is snail slow. Schebler would be better with Duvall in RF and Winker in LF.

Other then that I like your line up.
Works for me.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #945
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,172
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Works for me.
I'm listening to the game right now. Winker led off the game with a triple and was stranded there. Worst situational hitting team in the league.
WAITE HOYT 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #946
HarryBosch
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 69
HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I'm listening to the game right now. Winker led off the game with a triple and was stranded there. Worst situational hitting team in the league.
Take out the word situational and that is a perfect description of our MLB team.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #947
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,172
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Take out the word situational and that is a perfect description of our MLB team.
Hard to argue with that. Lol
WAITE HOYT 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #948
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member
 
WAITE HOYT 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8,172
WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Reds Fire Price and Pitching coach Jenkins. Riggleman will serve as manager until the end of year when a search will be done to find new manager. My guess is Barry Larkin will get heavy consideration.
WAITE HOYT 2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.