Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #311
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
It's not the one juco, it's more/less the fact we aren't gonna be as bad as everyone thinks just because they're still upset about last season
Go look at the 2010-2011 team.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:24 PM   #312
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Both good defenders and rebounders and between them we have 10 fouls to give. Also think Brooks will surpass many people's expectations offensivel.
Agree on all.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:27 PM   #313
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Go look at the 2010-2011 team.

that team was better at every position outside of cumberland. not even close really. bishop had his best season, dixon had his best season, yancy was always extremely underrated. throw in cash and sk. that team held its ground in the BE. i'm afraid to think about what next years team would do in the old BE.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #314
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Agree on all.
I have a chance to see Brooks in person and while I know he won't be what Washington was offensively he does have some skill. Washington was a guy who could score from the arc. Brooks will not give you that but he can score over both shoulders. Which Kyle could not. He also will be a better defender.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #315
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Both good defenders and rebounders and between them we have 10 fouls to give. Also think Brooks will surpass many people's expectations offensivel.
To me it is going to depend entirely on whether Mick will truly adapt and let them get out and run. Gary and Kyle were great but they weren't exactly fleet of foot. I doubt there is another 1 - 4/5 combo that can keep up with Broome and Scott/Nsoseme as rim runners. And that doesn't even include the freight train, Cumberland.
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #316
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinecat View Post
To me it is going to depend entirely on whether Mick will truly adapt and let them get out and run. Gary and Kyle were great but they weren't exactly fleet of foot. I doubt there is another 1 - 4/5 combo that can keep up with Broome and Scott/Nsoseme as rim runners. And that doesn't even include the freight train, Cumberland.
i think they will push the ball more. i hope we are able to rebound as well as all the teams mick has had. While everyone loves are defensive effort we are always one of the better rebounding teams. I think we will be a good team. Finding the right combinations will be a issue with so many guys with skills. Will still guard and rebound but we will push the pace is everyone is contributing.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #317
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I have a chance to see Brooks in person and while I know he won't be what Washington was offensively he does have some skill. Washington was a guy who could score from the arc. Brooks will not give you that but he can score over both shoulders. Which Kyle could not. He also will be a better defender.
Brooks needs to get stronger. He always brings the ball down. Just seems like the core strength and explosiveness aren't there.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:42 PM   #318
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Brooks needs to get stronger. He always brings the ball down. Just seems like the core strength and explosiveness aren't there.
i think its a hands problem. that unfortunately isn't usually something you can learn.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #319
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

The development of Trevor Moore might be the most interesting thing to me. Is he going to be a good college player and great UC 3 point shooter? Or will he just hover at 30-33% for his whole career and make 1 or 2 per game? Will he be aggressive enough to show he can be a double digit scorer one day? Or will we just have to accept that he's another one of those guys who doesn't shoot enough?

I'm less curious about Williams. We see the glimpses. But if his shooting isn't way better, he can only be so good. And his shooting won't get way better if he doesn't do anything to fix his shot. He especially won't fit in slower style games. And I don't expect to avoid those.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #320
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
I think it is a matter of opportunity. Chad reported he was the most improved player before the season started. He saw him play daily. I really think as he grows in confidence his game will get better. He was strictly a role player this year.