Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 12-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #71
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
The latest video of Logan Johnson (#2) for Saint Francis.

The highlights are of the game, but a few (if not most for Saint Francis) are of Logan.

https://youtu.be/T738DfAiuiM
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #72
MacBearcat
Banned

MacBearcat is on a distinguished road
I don't get it. Is he a 4 star or a 2 star? I've never seen such a discrepancy in ratings for a player from site to site.
MacBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:31 AM   #73
ThomasMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBearcat View Post
I don't get it. Is he a 4 star or a 2 star? I've never seen such a discrepancy in ratings for a player from site to site.
Well if we know anything about recruiting at this point, we know that when ever a guy commits to UC (football or basketball for that matter), their rating drops.

I don't worry much about Mick's recruiting... he's proven time and time again that he can get good players/athletes.

The question mark is whether or not Mick can develop/progress them and whether or not he's a good enough X's and O's coach to produce results in March.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:26 PM   #74
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Well if we know anything about recruiting at this point, we know that when ever a guy commits to UC (football or basketball for that matter), their rating drops.

I don't worry much about Mick's recruiting... he's proven time and time again that he can get good players/athletes.

The question mark is whether or not Mick can develop/progress them and whether or not he's a good enough X's and O's coach to produce results in March.
while I would like to see more success in march getting to 7 straight trips to the tourney is a rare accomplishment. I would say he is developing his players.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:52 PM   #75
ThomasMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
while I would like to see more success in march getting to 7 straight trips to the tourney is a rare accomplishment. I would say he is developing his players.
I can't deny that this is an accomplishment... and it's only December so there is definitely time to grow/develop this year but this offense looks as stale as it has in years past... and all of this with the best offensive weapons we've ever had under Cronin. But like I said, it's only December.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #76
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
One thing I know is that either our recruiting is good, or our player development is good. Could be both, can't be neither.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #77
ThomasMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
One thing I know is that either our recruiting is good, or our player development is good. Could be both, can't be neither.
Recruiting is very good. Mick does a good job of finding hidden gems. How Evans and Cumberland weren’t ranked higher is beyond me.

Mick is always one of the first ones to offer and when these kids blow up, they get picked off by bigger schools or schools that play in better conferences. Ky Bowman from BC is one name that comes to mind... Brimah from uconn, Teague from UK, and Joel Embiid just to name a few.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #78
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
Recruiting is very good. Mick does a good job of finding hidden gems. How Evans and Cumberland weren’t ranked higher is beyond me.

Mick is always one of the first ones to offer and when these kids blow up, they get picked off by bigger schools or schools that play in better conferences. Ky Bowman from BC is one name that comes to mind... Brimah from uconn, Teague from UK, and Joel Embiid just to name a few.
Cumberland was a 4 star top 100 player in the rankings.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:44 PM   #79
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
So was he at the UCLA game yesterday?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:05 PM   #80
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
Quote: