Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #571
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is my thing, when does it end?

I just don’t think we need to get crazy on number retirements.

I’m not against Logan getting it by any means just think I’d rather have guys who birthed their career at UC and win on to have successful careers.

I’d love sk to be retired but his number is a number a lot of recruits might want. I dunno, I don’t care much about this issue. Not that huge of a deal to me
Not sure I care too much either but Fortson is first on my list in the last 30 years. Logan and SK might be next. I don't have a good handle on 50 years ago.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:58 PM   #572
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Not sure I care too much either but Fortson is first on my list in the last 30 years. Logan and SK might be next. I don't have a good handle on 50 years ago.
Fortson was I think a two time All American (whether 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team) and would have been 3 time had he played his last year...maybe national POY. SK was one time. I think Logan was one time.

It's not even a comparison to me. Retire Fortson...then we can talk about Logan and SK. Going back 50 years IDK.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #573
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Fortson was I think a two time All American (whether 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team) and would have been 3 time had he played his last year...maybe national POY. SK was one time. I think Logan was one time.

It's not even a comparison to me. Retire Fortson...then we can talk about Logan and SK. Going back 50 years IDK.

yeah forston was such a monster. the guy averaged 21.3 ppg his jr year on just 11.9 shots per game. thats absolutely insane.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #574
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah forston was such a monster. the guy averaged 21.3 ppg his jr year on just 11.9 shots per game. thats absolutely insane.
I think I was 7 or 8 that season and I had my Fortson jersey on and had to watch them lose to Mississippi State on a concession stand TV at my brother's baseball tournament. I was a wreck when it was over. I remember watching games before that and I knew all the players but that game was the first time a loss really stung me.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #575
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I think I was 7 or 8 that season and I had my Fortson jersey on and had to watch them lose to Mississippi State on a concession stand TV at my brother's baseball tournament. I was a wreck when it was over. I remember watching games before that and I knew all the players but that game was the first time a loss really stung me.
That was a brutal loss.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:22 PM   #576
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
This is my thing, when does it end?

I just don’t think we need to get crazy on number retirements.

I’m not against Logan getting it by any means just think I’d rather have guys who birthed their career at UC and win on to have successful careers.

I’d love sk to be retired but his number is a number a lot of recruits might want. I dunno, I don’t care much about this issue. Not that huge of a deal to me
Well it's about what they did at UC not after, IMO. Steven Logan was a huge part of me getting into bearcat basketball as a kid. Grew up going to games but he came in right before my teenage years and that's where I ended up becoming a fan for life. Not a lot of guys make that impact on a fan base. But I agree SK jersey would have to go up too if you retired his.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:00 AM   #577
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Face of the franchise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caupain.JPG (19.0 KB, 17 views)
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 AM   #578
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I was in college. I think they had a juco, Dontae Jones. Dang, say what you want about many early exits under our previous coach but man we were so close so close. West Virginia banking in a three-quarter court shot at the buzzer or whatever. That UCLA game was just tragic. And this Mississippi State game as well.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #579
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Went to watch Troy again last night in the G League in Canton. Splurged for a courtside box right next to the visitors bench. Troy played really well, putting up 14 points, 8 rebounds and 7 assists. 2 of 5 from three. He was very effective in the pick and roll with Byron Mullens. After the game he was nice enough to say hi and snap a picture with me. Good dude.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #580
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
I was in college. I think they had a juco, Dontae Jones. Dang, say what you want about many early exits under our previous coach but man we were so close so close. West Virginia banking in a three-quarter court shot at the buzzer or whatever. That UCLA game was just tragic. And this Mississippi State game as well.
Ill never forgive Damon flint for not getting fortson the ball.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote