Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #111
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I will say if we were in serious talks of joining a power conference that having a veteran guy like Tuberville who on paper at least seems to not be looking for the next job and has his feet planted here is probably a good thing rather than having a coach that everyone knows will take the next better job available. That's a big if. I have a feeling Bohn is not a fan of Tuberville, just a feeling I have based on an off the cuff remark I heard him say at that meeting about fifth third renovations. I think the only way Tuberville sticks around past his contract is if Bohn really thinks he is the coach that can make a difference in joining a better conference vs. someone else. And honestly I don't know that who the coach is would matter in those discussions.

Stability and recruiting are the two things Tuberville brings to the table. And those are two big factors in a winning program. The results on the field speak for themselves though. This team is undisciplined and we lose games we shouldn't because of it. That falls on the coaches shoulders. We could argue about strategy and game calling, but to be honest I've never heard a fan base not question what the hell their coach is doing, winning or losing. Tuberville knows the game of football and while he's not young and hungry so to speak he does want to win. His reaction after that stupid 4-penalty play lets you know he still cares and wants to win.

We have a bigger stadium to fill now and we all know how losing turns fans away very quickly in this town. The university has a tough decision on their hands. Me personally, I've seen enough of his product on the field to say I want him gone. This was the year I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt and he didn't deliver. This team is too talented to have four losses. And it took a miracle finish to knock of Miami, OH. We almost lost to Miami all three years he's been here. That in and of itself is inexcusable.
One thing I disagree with is the beginning part where you say it is an advantage to have Tuberville if we're heading into a new conference. If we were heading into the Big 12, then we would no longer be a stepping stone job. So we'd no longer have to worry about a guy leaving, unless it is for a best of the best job...and if we have a guy that good, I'm assuming we'd be in good shape to make another good hire after that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote