Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
can't see us taking a LB until we get a S in top half of round 2. Signing Ray M to a multi year deal give him at least another year to show he is worthy of Zim's and Marvins endorsement.

Bengals won't reach for a tackle. They will either use one of there own or sign someone not under contract if Smith isn't resigned

Change os pace back is a must for offense. Franklin from UCLA is a possibility as well as Bernard from UNC

Gosh I agree with Readytogo as well. I'm having a bad day. LOL
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
can't see us taking a LB until we get a S in top half of round 2. Signing Ray M to a multi year deal give him at least another year to show he is worthy of Zim's and Marvins endorsement.

Bengals won't reach for a tackle. They will either use one of there own or sign someone not under contract if Smith isn't resigned

Change os pace back is a must for offense. Franklin from UCLA is a possibility as well as Bernard from UNC

Gosh I agree with Readytogo as well. I'm having a bad day. LOL

About time.

Football is my passion. I just like stirring things up at the bball end.

I cant see how the Bengals would think that resigning Scott and still have Ben Jarvis is enough. And they sure wouldn't draft another back-up.

Lacy, Lavian Bell, UNC's kid, Monte Ball or that UCLA kid would all be good backs. They can either break tackles, outrun or make guys miss. Something we need desperatley out of the back field
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #23
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
37. Cyprien
53. Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina

Lots of positions that wouldn't surprise me or bother me here.

CB
RB
WR
OT - to replace Smith
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #24
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
I know we needed a safety but this Margus Hunt dude we got has some piss and vinager! Like the pick. Reminds me of a Ravens pick

Also makes me wonder if Teo was available would we have pulled the trigger... ugh

Last edited by ready2go; 04-26-2013 at 07:14 PM.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #25
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2go View Post
I know we needed a safety but this Margus Hunt dude we got has some piss and vinager! Like the pick

Also makes me wonder if Teo was available would we have pulled the trigger... ugh
Bostic would've been nice, maybe Greene from Rutgers next round, that kid can play. Here are some Margus Hunt highlights, holy crap, this kid is a monster:

Reminds me of a less-refined JJ Watt. He is raw, but he can block kicks and is relentless. I guess being 6'8 and 277 doesn't hurt either!

If bad words bother you, you might wanna turn down the volume when you watch, FYI.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #26
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
I been watching the draft since the early 90s and I can tell mike brown had turned over a lot of say to marvin. the bengals are going to make some noise this year barring major injuries. andy should thrive with his arsenal of weapons and the defense should be top 10 again.
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
I been watching the draft since the early 90s and I can tell mike brown had turned over a lot of say to marvin. the bengals are going to make some noise this year barring major injuries. andy should thrive with his arsenal of weapons and the defense should be top 10 again.
Yes, I agree. I think that was one of Marv's requirements a few years. Ago when it looked like he might leave. Scouting, as far as drafting goes, has improved exponentially the past few years. Biggest thing the Bengals are missing this year, IMO, is WR and one more linebacker. Another solid receiver would be nice since Sanu tore his ACL. AJ needs 1 more receiver to help him (Eifert definitely helps, but 1 more would be nice). Khaseem Greene would be the perfect linebacker pick in the 4th, lots of upside. Lattimore in the 6th-7th would put the cherry on top of this draft.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #28
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
sanu had bone chips in his foot and I agree with lattimore, bengals can put him on the shelf for a year. I think they should address the cb position. hall,newman, and pacman ain't young and don't know what your getting out of kirkpatrick
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #29
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
sanu had bone chips in his foot and I agree with lattimore, bengals can put him on the shelf for a year. I think they should address the cb position. hall,newman, and pacman ain't young and don't know what your getting out of kirkpatrick
Good point about cb's, I forgot that Sanu tore his ACL in college, not this past year for us. Thank God....
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #30
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

How the Bearcats fared-
Kelce, 3rd round, KC
Winn, UDFA, Hou
Giordano, UDFA, Ari
Bomar, UDFA, Jac
Thompkins, UDFA, NE
Nothing yet for Walter Stewart, can't believe no one would at least take a flyer on him, he has 3-4 round talent.

Last edited by JumpinJack5; 04-28-2013 at 11:39 AM.