Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-05-2017, 09:31 AM   #11
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
When does the schedule have to be finalized? It would have to be by the summer right? I have no idea
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:32 AM   #12
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
End of Summer I think.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:30 PM   #13
UCBearcat4ever

UCBearcat4ever is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
4 things on our radar this offseason are:
1. Recruiting
2. WSU joining AAC
3. 5/3 Renovation
4. OOC

I wanted to start a thread about OOC. This morning on Twitter I saw Harvard will be at UK and Albany will be at Louisville. Each day will we be hearing some OOC games. I hope we get some good news one of these days about a decent opponent. I'm not expecting to play Kansas but would love to at least see an Oklahoma State or something like that. We have 13 OOC games. Here's what we have so far, correct?

1. @Xavier
2. @Marshall
3. neutral Iowa (I'd imagine)
4. neutral Wyoming or UAB
Marshall was a Buy game so no return game, will post any updates when i see them
UCBearcat4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #14
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Gotcha, a lot of slots to fill. Something will break.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Gotcha, a lot of slots to fill. Something will break.
Is our OOC always this empty this time of year? Really haven't paid too close of attention to it in years past.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:04 PM   #16
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Wasn't there something about a home and home Indiana a couple years ago? Maybe it was just talk. Also don't know how it would go with Archie in there now
If there was any kind of talk about that, you can bet your butt that's gone with Archie there now. That will never happen.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:29 AM   #17
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Is our OOC always this empty this time of year? Really haven't paid too close of attention to it in years past.
I think so. We knew the 4 teams we were going to be playing or possibly playing in the Mohegan last year. We knew we were playing ISU, Butler, Bowling Green, and X. So basically we had 8 total out of the 13 set. Right now we have 4 set but really we will have two lower opponents part of the Caymans so really 6. Basically this year and last year was always room to add some decent opponents, if nothing works that's when you just grab Samford type teams.
Old 04-06-2017, 08:57 AM   #18
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I think so. We knew the 4 teams we were going to be playing or possibly playing in the Mohegan last year. We knew we were playing ISU, Butler, Bowling Green, and X. So basically we had 8 total out of the 13 set. Right now we have 4 set but really we will have two lower opponents part of the Caymans so really 6. Basically this year and last year was always room to add some decent opponents, if nothing works that's when you just grab Samford type teams.
yeah, we know most of the games will be the samford, Belmont type games. At most we can hope for 3-4 decent/ home and home type games.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 04-06-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #19
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Cronin stated at the banquet last night that UC offered to play high level opponent on their court and game would be on national television (CBS) and school declined, did not say who it was. Stated ESPN and CBS are helping to have games against marquee opponents.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #20
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Cronin stated at the banquet last night that UC offered to play high level opponent on their court and game would be on national television (CBS) and school declined, did not say who it was. Stated ESPN and CBS are helping to have games against marquee opponents.
I think UK. I think chad something about this a month ago. If it's the same thing, which it sounds like it is.