Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #21
ccmbearcat

ccmbearcat is on a distinguished road
http://www.gobearcats.com/compliance...education.html

"as soon as someone on a message board e-mails or sends a message out to a recruit, they automatically become a booster and are subject to the NCAA rules prohibiting such contact."

"Boosters are not permitted to use social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to contact or otherwise attempt to correspond with prospects."

Last edited by ccmbearcat; 09-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.
ccmbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #22
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmbearcat View Post

"as soon as someone on a message board e-mails or sends a message out to a recruit, they automatically become a booster and are subject to the NCAA rules prohibiting such contact."

"Boosters are not permitted to use social networking websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace to contact or otherwise attempt to correspond with prospects."
Definitely shouldnt do it but if that rule was ever enforced every player and every school at the D1 level would be guilty of recruiting violations. Fans have direct access to players because of twitter and facebook and try to influence through that access. Its too prevalent to punish.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #23
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmbearcat View Post

*rolls eyes*

Come on, now. I haven't done any promoting of our school or swaying him to come here. I simply wished him good luck. That's being courteous. If I saw him on the street and recognized him, am I not allowed to wish him well on his visit? What if he brought it up? I just walk away with my head down? These rules are made for guys that are offering real value to recruits to come to their school. I would never try anything along those lines. Hell, I wouldn't even say anything positive about UC.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:19 PM   #24
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
*rolls eyes*

Come on, now. I haven't done any promoting of our school or swaying him to come here. I simply wished him good luck. That's being courteous. If I saw him on the street and recognized him, am I not allowed to wish him well on his visit? What if he brought it up? I just walk away with my head down? These rules are made for guys that are offering real value to recruits to come to their school. I would never try anything along those lines. Hell, I wouldn't even say anything positive about UC.
I don't see anything wrong with what you posted. I met a recruit for football in the airport as he was on his way to Cincinnati for a visit a few years back. I had UC clothes on (as did he and his mom) and his mom actually asked me about the school and if I went there. I told her about my experience there and that I was jealous the campus wasn't as nice as it is now for my 5 years. The kid was super polite and I wished him well. To be honest, I don't remember who it was or if he signed with UC (I think he did). The point is, there is a difference between telling a kid to enjoy the visit and good luck, and what a lot of UK fans do with their bball recruits or OSU fans do with their football recruits.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #25
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
It's creepy and stalkerish either way...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #26
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
To follow an athlete on Twitter and wish him good luck? How lonely is it up there on your pedestal?
Old 09-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
What a grouch.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #28
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
To follow an athlete on Twitter and wish him good luck? How lonely is it up there on your pedestal?
Yes, following around 17-18 year olds is very weird to me...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #29
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

Lol, "following around," as if I'm literally hiding behind bushes, watching them from afar.

Anyway.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #30
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lol, "following around," as if I'm literally hiding behind bushes, watching them from afar.

Anyway.
Just ignore NTS, he has moments where he acts like a 5 year old and tries to get reactions out of people. Moving on, I really hope we get this kid. It would be a nice get for us if we could land him and Scott.