Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-23-2015, 03:32 PM   #11
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataclysmo View Post
The top level is being completely renovated to eliminate the poor sight line seats that are so often complained about. It appears the majority (if not all) of the seats will now have backs. Like you said they added another level above the student section and corner seats (both huge additions in their own right). There will be more luxury seating options that will help bring in revenue in the same way that they will for the new Nippert. Outside the seating bowl it appears a second level will be added to the concourses. Furthermore, there will be new amenities for concessions and bathrooms. And, i might be wrong, but it looks like they are making changes to the outside of the building as well to make it easier on the eye.

But other than that, it's the same.

Yeah I knew that the outside and the concourse area was different but I was mainly just talking about the inside court area.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #12
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
About damn time. Pretty much 3-5 years late on both the football and basketball front.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #13
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
I love it! With this and the new nippert uc will have it all. Just wish they could start this immediately following the final home game and put it on the fast track to be ready for next season, but nonetheless still very excited
They are starting at the end of this upcoming season, but it might just be the locker room renovations
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #14
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Looks like this was leaked on Twitter earlier. Plans presented to Populous to UC. UC has to agree by August it sounds like. Would be ready by the 2017-18 season as originally planned.

There are renderings!!

Capacity would drop to 10,818, but it looks beautiful.

http://ofcc.ohio.gov/Portals/0/Docum...UCN-15074A.pdf
Thanks for the link. I looked through the entire document. Cost is $80 million, no state funding. Looks like all permanent seating with the exception of the really close court side seats that will come in to allow a two-court wide practice area, also space could be used for other events. Sounds like they will expand the east concourse a little as well. I like the plans. Its not exactly what was proposed to the fans earlier in the year with the four corner party areas but I wasn't crazy about that anyway. 10,818 is better than 10,500 but not by much. Would like to see at least 1,000 more but it is what it is. To be able to put a state of the art arena inside an existing shell to save costs is pretty amazing when you think about it and necessary with UC's budget. I'm glad the project is moving forward. I would assume since it's being sent to the government for approval of the contract that it has passed the BOT (which is where all the previous talk was said to have not been presented to them yet).
Old 06-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #15
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by All we do is Guyn View Post
They are starting at the end of this upcoming season, but it might just be the locker room renovations
ok. Ya i wold just like to avoid a year off campus but that is inevitable, just like football was it will definitely be worth it
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:31 PM   #16
Bearcat Rob
Elite Member

Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know the date of this proposal? I heard mike Bohn say a few months ago the new stadium should be around 12k
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #17
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I actually like the ideal of 10,000 - 10,500. Looks like they are leveling off the top of the arena and I think that's a good thing. Lets hope they not only redesign the arena, but take a page out of the Reds book and make the environment fan friendly.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #18
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I actually like the ideal of 10,000 - 10,500. Looks like they are leveling off the top of the arena and I think that's a good thing. Lets hope they not only redesign the arena, but take a page out of the Reds book and make the environment fan friendly.
I completely agree about top notch amenities and being fan friendly. The one thing I was disappointed to see in the drawings were the rafters are still present. Are those here to stay permanently?
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #19
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, looks like we couldn't afford a new roof or to get part of the roof externally supported (which is a wicked cool engineering feat, honestly, and would be right at home at UC...) but having amenities at every level will keep people from smooshing into each other, so there's that. Multiple levels of ingress and egress would be cake.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:50 PM   #20
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
WOW! looks first class. Happy that everyone is on board.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote