Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 06-30-2016, 03:07 AM   #1
culverrd

culverrd is on a distinguished road
'16 INT'L SF Kobe Paras

Per Twitter

4 Star SF Kobe Paras didn't meet academic standards to join UCLA's basketball team and is back on the market.

I like his game a lot. Hope we reach out!

https://youtu.be/D_7v9RYcLfE
culverrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:50 AM   #2
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
Per Twitter

4 Star SF Kobe Paras didn't meet academic standards to join UCLA's basketball team and is back on the market.

I like his game a lot. Hope we reach out!

https://youtu.be/D_7v9RYcLfE
I'm not too familiar with UCLA from an academic standard...are they very prestigious? I always thought they were a relatively standard public school. Feel like he'd have a lot of trouble getting into other schools if he can't get in there.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:54 AM   #3
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I also only see him as a 3-star everywhere. Think he'd be a good get, but he's definitely not a Top 100 kind of guy.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:28 AM   #4
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I'm not too familiar with UCLA from an academic standard...are they very prestigious? I always thought they were a relatively standard public school. Feel like he'd have a lot of trouble getting into other schools if he can't get in there.
If you remember 2 years ago UC was going after Jon Octeus who ended up at Purdue and we ended up getting the best of him. But before he committed to Purdue, he committed to UCLA. It then came out that he didnt meet their academic standards to enroll in their graduate program. So id say they require maybe a little more than other schools.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #5
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
If I was a betting man I would put money on him staying on the west coast.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #6
culverrd

Supposedly he is an honor student and got a 1750 on his SAT which is a pretty high score but I guess the avg UCLA freshman has a score of 2064. His HS coach is saying he will play for another D1 level team.
Old 07-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
culverrd

On a visit at Creighton today. Looks like hes open to not playing on the west coast. Stated that 80 teams have reached out to him. I hope we are one of them.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #8
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by culverrd View Post
On a visit at Creighton today. Looks like hes open to not playing on the west coast. Stated that 80 teams have reached out to him. I hope we are one of them.
80 teams lol. Well if we are one of teams I guess it's kinda like playing the lottery, better to have a ticket than not have a ticket.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 11:43 PM   #9
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@EvanDaniels
Former UCLA signee Kobe Paras just committed to Creighton, per his coach William Middlebrooks.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:15 AM   #10
culverrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
@EvanDaniels
Former UCLA signee Kobe Paras just committed to Creighton, per his coach William Middlebrooks.
Thats a huge pick up for them. The kid can play ball. Wish we could grab a grad transfer or 2 to add to our 2016 class.