Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Whose offseason development is the most critical for 18-19?
Jacob Evans 2 4.76%
Jarron Cumberland 2 4.76%
Cane Broome 7 16.67%
Justin Jenifer 0 0%
Tre Scott 11 26.19%
Nysier Brooks 4 9.52%
Eliel Nsoseme 0 0%
Mamoudou Diarra 5 11.90%
Trevor Moore 2 4.76%
Keith Williams 8 19.05%
Logan Johnson 1 2.38%
LaQuill Hardnett 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
If Jake stays we will be solid. If Jake goes, could be a long season.
Jake is gone brother. Its time for him to get paid.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:12 PM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Outside of watching the rest of Cumberland's career, I'm not really sure what I can root/hope for as a fan.

I'll give it a couple more years but if it looks like we can't duplicate what we had talent-wise this year, that'll be it for me. It's just not worth getting excited about this program. If we couldn't do it this year...
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Even if Cumberland is like SK...what did we do SK's SR year? Lost in the 1st round to a 12 seed Ivy League school.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:21 PM   #14
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Cronin needs to let Diarra play and take and make shots.

He'll get screamed at and yanked anytime he screws up though. So I worry about his development. He's simply not going to be allowed to play the way he is. He must become like the other players who have fallen short if he wants to be part of the team.

I'd transfer if I was in his position. His pro prospects take a massive hit playing in our style.

But if he's allowed to actually play (again he won't be), he could be a big factor for us offensively.
Dude, relax. No one needs to transfer. We have not had anyone in our system that would have excelled so much at a different school that they would be in the NBA right now. Cronin hasn't ruined anyone's career. Yeah Cronin has a slowed down style that doesn't make it look real attractive, but NBA scouts know where NBA talent is and we haven't had much on our roster in the 12 years. We win many games and by the time summer hits youll chill out and be excited about UC again. We will win a lot next year someway some how. One of these days a run will break for us, its not the end of the world.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 03-21-2018 at 01:23 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM   #15
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Dude, relax. No one needs to transfer. We have not had anyone in our system that would have excelled so much at a different school that they would be in the NBA right now. Cronin hasn't ruined anyone's career. Yeah Cronin has a slowed down style that doesn't make it look real attractive, but pros no where NBA talent is and we haven't had much on our roster in the 12 years. We win many games and by the time summer hits youll chill out and be excited about UC again. We will win a lot next year someway some how. One of these days a run will break for us, its not the end of the world.
I am excited to watch Cumberland. That's it. There's about a 0.000000001% chance we are as good as we were this year if Evans leaves. I will simply not allow myself to get excited no matter what. It's not worth it. When it's crunch time, we know what happens the majority of the time. Lewis and Cronin both go out of their way to rip defeat from the jaws of victory. That doesn't just fix itself. I mean, what more could you ask for than our path to the Final 4 this year? Why would we ever get there if this team couldn't with this draw? I mean I'm sorry, but I don't believe we have what it takes. And next year is going to be worse than this year on all fronts.
Old 03-21-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I am excited to watch Cumberland. That's it. There's about a 0.000000001% chance we are as good as we were this year if Evans leaves. I will simply not allow myself to get excited no matter what. It's not worth it. When it's crunch time, we know what happens the majority of the time. Lewis and Cronin both go out of their way to rip defeat from the jaws of victory. That doesn't just fix itself. I mean, what more could you ask for than our path to the Final 4 this year? Why would we ever get there if this team couldn't with this draw? I mean I'm sorry, but I don't believe we have what it takes. And next year is going to be worse than this year on all fronts.
Are you a bengals fan?
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:40 PM   #17
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Are you a bengals fan?
I was. Then they lost in the first playoff game 4 years in a row and I quit. Now I just laugh at them and the people who convince themselves that "this is the year". I really don't want to get there with UC basketball. But man.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #18
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Chances Tre takes a Justin Jackson type leap? I've come close to writing him off but then he does something that makes me pause.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:17 PM   #19
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Chances Tre takes a Justin Jackson type leap? I've come close to writing him off but then he does something that makes me pause.
He's been in the program for a decade... he is what he is at this point imo.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:57 PM   #20
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
He's been in the program for a decade... he is what he is at this point imo.
That is so not true dawg. He has shown great improvement. When he gets solid minutes he has played very well, defensively and offensive rebounds. Even shown some flashes of strong post ability.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote