Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #101
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Mick spoke in the Jim Rome interview about how this team has guys that plan to play professionally on some level and they are more focused than any team he's had. they eat right, they work hard, they dont deal with the outside distractions. very business like.
That is a hard thing to do in college. I am guessing Skyline at 2:00 am (to soak up the beer) is not on the menu...lol!

I think Kyle even jokes with other players about eating habits. I forget the name he gave Cumberland last year...was it "Gummy Bear" or something like that? I think Jarron got the message and slimmed down a bit...and Jenifer continues to slim his stocky frame. Rehfeldt is as good as it gets as well...what a luxury it is to have him.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #102
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It's weird. They asked both Broome and Washington last time. Then asked "not to make such a big deal about it, but were you more motivated bc of it"? Now they ask Washington again. These people are clueless. Our players don't give a crap. Least of all, Washington. They're just out there to win. No one is going to make a stink. They all know they'll play if they're doing the right things. So weird. Either they are trying to stir sh*t up, or they're clueless. Nothing in-between.
It has been a couple News Record guys that keep asking FWIW...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:23 PM   #103
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Teach those kids some real journalism skills Chad!
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #104
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Ha I knew you wouldn't be asking. That's obvious.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #105
RedlegZdid
Banned

RedlegZdid is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That is a hard thing to do in college. I am guessing Skyline at 2:00 am (to soak up the beer) is not on the menu...lol!

I think Kyle even jokes with other players about eating habits. I forget the name he gave Cumberland last year...was it "Gummy Bear" or something like that? I think Jarron got the message and slimmed down a bit...and Jenifer continues to slim his stocky frame. Rehfeldt is as good as it gets as well...what a luxury it is to have him.
Teddy Graham lol
RedlegZdid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #106
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Haven't really followed this thread too closely but Jenifer deserves major props for that play in the second half where he saves it from going out of bounds via his hustle and then comes back to drain a long three.

We love teams that score and play fast, but UC fans will always appreciate a player who dives for loose balls, plays great defense, rebounds and hustles his ass off. Yes, most teams will also love players who do that, but the way Mick has built this program that's how we've won games. Loved hearing the crowd's reaction after his made the shot. Incredible.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 01:56 PM   #107
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
It’s so much more fun to watch when they get the ball out and go after a made shot as opposed to years past when they would walk it up as slow as possible, wave people into correct positions and start the offense with 12 seconds left on the shot clock
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #108
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
It’s so much more fun to watch when they get the ball out and go after a made shot as opposed to years past when they would walk it up as slow as possible, wave people into correct positions and start the offense with 12 seconds left on the shot clock
I love the up and down game, reminds me of the NBA. Excpept we still play defense really well lol. But it's like as soon as you get the ball in your hand on offense it's time to get it in the hoop, no messing around.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:17 PM   #109
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlegZdid View Post
Teddy Graham lol
Lol... I'm sure Kyle has a name for everyone on the team.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote