Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Will UC beat Florida?
Yes 22 56.41%
No 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Florida

Game is Saturday at 6 PM on ESPN2. The game is at the Prudential Center in Newark.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #2
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I honestly have no idea what to expect from this game. We looked so over matched and confused Saturday it was alarming. Still hard to tell if we are good or not. If we lose this game, I think or OOC schedule would be considered a failure.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #3
Xu1uc2

Xu1uc2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I honestly have no idea what to expect from this game. We looked so over matched and confused Saturday it was alarming. Still hard to tell if we are good or not. If we lose this game, I think or OOC schedule would be considered a failure.
Florida is really good. You guys are too. You guys had some key players who have never played in Cintas. Neutral site should help.
Xu1uc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xu1uc2 View Post
Florida is really good. You guys are too. You guys had some key players who have never played in Cintas. Neutral site should help.
Thank you for the motivation!
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I'll be there along with 13 other people. I'm hoping we come out ready to play. The matchup index thing on espn has us winning? Does this make sense, or is it not fully updated? In the grand scheme of things that means absolutely nothing, just was surprised to see it.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 12-04-2017 at 08:57 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #6
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I haven't had a chance to watch florida at all, but looking at their stats they appear to be another team that is going to spread us out. our typical style of defense tends to struggle vs offenses that can shoot from 4 positions.

i think its safe to say the effort given vs xavier on defense and on the boards will get us blown out again.

i would love for us to learn from how xavier runs their offense and get guys out of the lane and let cane penetrate. its so difficult for the defense to help like that, and when they do we do have 4 guys capable of hitting wide open 3s. this clog the lane and force it to gary stuff when the other team is triple teaming him just isn't the way.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:09 AM   #7
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Here is the bright side :

Florida plays 3 games this week. We only play 1.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #8
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Here is the bright side :

Florida plays 3 games this week. We only play 1.
ill say this every time somebody says what you said. this is bad for US and good for them. a week off is bad for a team. a week off after 6 days off is even worse.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:42 AM   #9
spinal070508

spinal070508 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
ill say this every time somebody says what you said. this is bad for US and good for them. a week off is bad for a team. a week off after 6 days off is even worse.
I agree. To much down time between games.
spinal070508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:25 AM   #10
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
We have an insane advantage in the post though.

Unless they change their starting lineup, they will have to have 6'6 Hudson or 6'5 Egor Koulechov guarding Gary Clark.

6'8 Keith Stone will be put on Kyle and is very foul prone. Keith Stone is not really a scoring threat ( shooting 25% from 2) so Kyle should be able to hold his own.

Hayes has been coming off the bench and is a better shot blocker. But he has only take 16 FG Attempts all year.

Kyle theoretically should be able to stay in this game as I don't think Florida will try to get the ball to their bigs.

I think we can really dominate them in the post.

My biggest concern is the size of their 2 guards. I think Evans can guard Hudson, but Jarron will be tasked with guarding KeVaughn Allen, who is 6'2 and pretty Agile. He is shooting under 40% from the field but that doesn't matter because he is getting fouled a ton and is 23-25 from the charity stripe.

And then Jenifer/Broome will need to try and contain Chris Chiozza who is shooting over 59% from 3 on 17 attempts. And is getting fouled even more than Allen is.

I worry more about foul trouble with our guards than any thing else.

I think we need to slow the pace.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote