Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 11+ 14 45.16%
UC wins by 6-10 11 35.48%
UC wins by 1-5 4 12.90%
Tulsa wins 2 6.45%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 AM   #281
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
"Basically conceded the game with the way we played. Nothing more to see tonight. What a joke."

"We literally couldn't look worse and it doesn't look like Caupain cares."

Not to pick on anyone ('cause I was saying the same things), but these posts are funny in hindsight
I actually thought Troy seemed somewhat uninterested and lacked focus for much of the game as well. Even the play where he scored the game tying points...he was dribbling at the top of the key for a while...acting as if Evans was the only option to give the ball before deciding he had to do something.

There was one play late where a defender fell down right in front of him and he didn't shoot or try to penetrate while he was on the ground. He was so focused on getting the ball to Washington he totally missed it.

Glad he came through in the end...but Troy's head was not in the game at least for some of it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 AM   #282
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I actually thought Troy seemed somewhat uninterested and lacked focus for much of the game as well. Even the play where he scored the game tying points...he was dribbling at the top of the key for a while...acting as if Evans was the only option to give the ball before deciding he had to do something.

There was one play late where a defender fell down right in front of him and he didn't shoot or try to penetrate while he was on the ground. He was so focused on getting the ball to Washington he totally missed it.

Glad he came through in the end...but Troy's head was not in the game at least for some of it.
TC was fine. he just didn't shoot the ball well early just like the rest of the team. To say his head wasn't in the game is insane.

As for Quadri I have know idea how he looks in practice but in the games its really feast or famine with a bit more famine. Coach runs him out there to see which one he gets. Scott right now is challenged offensively. Could be with the way the offense was going early Coach felt we needed more scoring. He tried Quadri and when that failed went small. We got very little from our 2 guards which didn't help the situation. Without Brooks if we need scoring he'll probably try Moore and if its defense he'll go with Scott. Of course all that can change with how the game is going and how each plays.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:48 AM   #283
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
"Basically conceded the game with the way we played. Nothing more to see tonight. What a joke."

"We literally couldn't look worse and it doesn't look like Caupain cares."

Not to pick on anyone ('cause I was saying the same things), but these posts are funny in hindsight
LOL, you are right though, I yell the same things at the TV but won't ever write them down so some one can call me out on them later!
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:50 AM   #284
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I love Troy and glad he came through, but I couldn't believe at the end either when he was waiting for Jacob and then finally drove or how he didn't shoot when the defender fell right in front of him. Oh well it worked but I don't get why he becomes so passive at times. Cane Broome is going to be the opposite. Troy could drive a lot more, he needs to.

Overall, it was like we decided to try harder at the end of the game. Some games your shots not going to fall, I'm not talking about that. Intensity and defense was ugly for 35 minutes. I don't think they will do that in the big dance but they better be careful or they will drop to a UCF or a team like that. The SMU game will have their attention so I don't think focus and intensity will be the issue that game just worries me because SMU is just good.

We are battle tested though. One of the best comebacks I have ever seen. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Maybe we don't win that game if we didn't win the Marshall game. Maybe these are all blessings in disguise to push us to the limit.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 02-02-2017 at 07:59 AM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:57 AM   #285
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
http://imgur.com/gallery/415G9

That link shows the +/- for each lineup used last night. The top and bottom lines shouldn't really shock anyone.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #286
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post

That link shows the +/- for each lineup used last night. The top and bottom lines shouldn't really shock anyone.
Thanks for the link. I sure wish I knew where I could find these for all the games. I miss StatSheet...they had it for every game.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:11 AM   #287
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Where's the highlights? Going on the internet it's like this game never happened.
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #288
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Quadri was as bad as I can ever remember last night. He missed shots, turned the ball over, played soft and got roasted constantly on defense last night. The biggest positive was that he didn't injure any of our other players last night.

He was brutal.

Unfortunately, we may need him again over the next few games until Brooks get back. Tre didn't give us much either, although the strip at the end of the game was big.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM   #289
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

If I am reading this right combining all the lineups...

Troy was pretty even for the game on +/- which makes sense since he played almost the whole game. Our best positive guys seem to have been Washington, Cumberland, Jenifer, and Clark in that order. Our negative guys were KJ, Quadri, Scott, and Evans in that order. Not sure why we didn't see Jenifer a little while longer because he had an immediate positive impact.

Big winners were Washington and Cumberland with net positives of 16 and 15 respectively. Least effective were KJ and Quadri at -17 and -9 when they were in the game.

Some of this could be due just to good or bad timing (team is hitting or missing shots). Some of it could be due to how things work (other than simply counting their own points) when certain players are in the game. One game doesn't tell you much. I wish we could get more data like this.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #290
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I love Troy and glad he came through, but I couldn't believe at the end either when he was waiting for Jacob and then finally drove or how he didn't shoot when the defender fell right in front of him. Oh well it worked but I don't get why he becomes so passive at times. Cane Broome is going to be the opposite. Troy could drive a lot more, he needs to.

Overall, it was like we decided to try harder at the end of the game. Some games your shots not going to fall, I'm not talking about that. Intensity and defense was ugly for 35 minutes. I don't think they will do that in the big dance but they better be careful or they will drop to a UCF or a team like that. The SMU game will have their attention so I don't think focus and intensity will be the issue that game just worries me because SMU is just good.

We are battle tested though. One of the best comebacks I have ever seen. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? Maybe we don't win that game if we didn't win the Marshall game. Maybe these are all blessings in disguise to push us to the limit.
That second to last play was totally a blown play where the rest of the team did not run the play they were supposed to. I thought it was great when Troy decided to say screw it and take it solo.
Also the game winning jumper. He was being defended for a drive, so he took the best shot available. People praise someone like malik monk for his late game jumpers but are hard on Troy for that shot selection?
C'mon, those were senior plays as opposed to junior drives for blocks.
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote