Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How far will UC make it in the NCAA Tournament?
Lose in the 1st round 7 12.07%
2nd round 11 18.97%
Sweet 16 20 34.48%
Elite 8 18 31.03%
Final 4 1 1.72%
National Championship Game 0 0%
National Champions 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #671
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
X has had yet another magical run. With 3 elite 8 appearances and a bunch of sweet 16 appearances since 2004, they have become a tremendous basketball program nationally. And the winning keeps enabling them to get more highly rated recruits than UC. Having enjoyed the glory years under Huggins, I'm envious. I like Mick as a coach but am not as high on him as a recruiter. UC continues to be a top 40 team every year, but you cannot advance unless you are getting a sufficient number of very good recruits. If you look at next year's roster, you have Clark and Washington as seniors. There is no one on the roster as of right now who is a "big" who has any offensive game remotely close to those two. They better at least get to the sweet 16 next year.
I am very curious as to the tone of this forum if UC had lost 6 of the last 7 games in the regular season, lost in the conference tournament but then get hot in the big dance.

I hang around enough X fans to know that they were bitching like crazy. I heard people questioning Coach Mack, and many of them believed that the team was overrated from the beginning.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:29 PM   #672
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
The resume for a team and their RPI means literally nothing after Selection Sunday.
It was a joke, LOL

Just like other ridiculous statements on this board like

-UC should root for OSU FB to win a natty for UCFB recruiting
-UC should root for X to win BE tourney, like the committee ever would say, "Well we have the bearcats as a 7 seed but they beat X who won their tourney, lets make UC a 4 seed."

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 03-24-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #673
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
X has had yet another magical run. With 3 elite 8 appearances and a bunch of sweet 16 appearances since 2004, they have become a tremendous basketball program nationally. And the winning keeps enabling them to get more highly rated recruits than UC. Having enjoyed the glory years under Huggins, I'm envious. I like Mick as a coach but am not as high on him as a recruiter. UC continues to be a top 40 team every year, but you cannot advance unless you are getting a sufficient number of very good recruits. If you look at next year's roster, you have Clark and Washington as seniors. There is no one on the roster as of right now who is a "big" who has any offensive game remotely close to those two. They better at least get to the sweet 16 next year.

Even then though, as I posted before, the glory years under huggins were his early years. Cronin has just as many sweet 16's as huggins did his last 9 years.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #674
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
I am very curious as to the tone of this forum if UC had lost 6 of the last 7 games in the regular season, lost in the conference tournament but then get hot in the big dance.

I hang around enough X fans to know that they were bitching like crazy. I heard people questioning Coach Mack, and many of them believed that the team was overrated from the beginning.
Haha I know its unreal how a few wins in the tournament overlooks the whole season. I personally am more proud of our season than theirs unless they win the national championship. What's the big deal that they will come in 8th place in the tournament yet had so many losses throughout the year?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #675
NKY Bearcat

NKY Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Haha I know its unreal how a few wins in the tournament overlooks the whole season. I personally am more proud of our season than theirs unless they win the national championship. What's the big deal that they will come in 8th place in the tournament yet had so many losses throughout the year?
If they make the Final 4 it would be impressive, and I am sure X fans would look back at this season as the greatest in school history.
NKY Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:39 PM   #676
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post

I would trade places with them in a NY minute.
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #677
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
People will argue what ever side their team sits. If we made an elite 8 we would love it. No matter what the regular season was like
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #678
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
I would trade places with them in a NY minute.
I'd Prob would too. We had a good season and I enjoyed it but we didn't win the regular season, conference tourney, or make the sweet 16. those are facts
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #679
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Too bad Lonzo Ball didn't go 1-6 from three for us.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #680
UClaw89

UClaw89 is on a distinguished road
Kentucky is making the plays we wished UC could make against UCLA. A pretty massive difference between UC and Kentucky in terms of talent. Meanwhile UCLA handled us pretty easily in the second half. Makes me wonder how far we really are from being a top 10 team and if that is even realistic in the foreseeable future.
UClaw89 is offline   Reply With Quote