Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How will UC finish in the tournament?
1st Place 38 95.00%
2nd Place 2 5.00%
3rd Place 0 0%
4th Place or worse 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #331
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyfromNKY View Post
They better because they are at 0% and 13%! But seriously like cincrulz said he needs to focus on handling the ball, driving and finishing with contact. That is what his game is revolves around. His jump will start falling eventually.
I’ve said this before but I don’t think mick would allow him to take 8 of them if hadn’t made them in practice. Keith needs to shoot when open.

As for Jenifer, he has been absolutely great when the shot clock winds down. Most of his 3’s are after a play hasn’t developed late the shot clock. I love that he is hitting shots
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:16 PM   #332
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
Keith Williams Shot 35% on 3pt. attempts and made 76% of his ft's his senior year. You have to believe his numbers will trend up.
They literally can’t get worse. I think it’s safe to say they will get better.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #333
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
for the team to be what we all want broome has to the starter and a huge factor. JJ is an alright back up but he's not a starting PG on a top 10 team.

Caupain was a better player than JJ is but that still wasn't enough to get us over the hump.

It needs to be broome and he needs to be scoring and taking care of the ball. if it isn't broome then we are going to be looking like we have the past few years.
Agree, we are not a title contender with Jj. Maybe we aren’t with either but we might be with cane. I can handle a couple turnovers if he scores 10+ a game. It’s the game where he doesn’t score and has 5 turnovers that are a problem. Hopefully he has and keep his confidence after lastnight
Old 11-22-2017, 03:20 PM   #334
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyfan21 View Post
I think JJ needs to start at PG from here on out. He takes care of the ball, found his shooting stroke and facilitates the ball super efficiently. Cane is a huge weapon off the bench and will cause a lot of issues for opposing teams. He just needs to take care of the ball. Can't afford early turnovers. Kills the momentum and flow that this team needs to get an early lead on good teams.
I would probably start Jenifer as of right now...but I wouldn't say from here on out. Cane will work through his turnover issues but he can also be a nice 6th man for now.

I wish all of Cane's to's came from aggressiveness but they don't. Some have been lazy passes, some he couldn't even pass it past the defender guarding him, some passes haven't even been close to target, and some he has been trying to dribble in very heavy traffic with no regard to where defenders are.

He has to get that stuff figured out but we can still give him plenty of minutes to play through it. I think Keith will also play through it and learn at the same time. Maybe not in crucial moments though. Jenifer and Moore are safer plays right now...but that could change.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:32 PM   #335
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Basically Williams needs to stop tweaking out. He wants it so bad. And that's good. But he's gotta chill. He looks so tense on his shots. He shot a long 2, I think it was last night, where he didn't even care where he was he just wanted the ball out as soon as possible. He had a couple drives that resulted in turnovers where he was just forcing something that wasn't there just to get himself going. He needs to play defense, rebound, pass the ball, and take what comes to him. That's his best bet to break in imo. But so far it looks like he wants to make a play so bad he's going 1000 mph and trying too hard to make a great play. Less is more for freshmen sometimes.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:38 PM   #336
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Basically Williams needs to stop tweaking out. He wants it so bad. And that's good. But he's gotta chill. He looks so tense on his shots. He shot a long 2, I think it was last night, where he didn't even care where he was he just wanted the ball out as soon as possible. He had a couple drives that resulted in turnovers where he was just forcing something that wasn't there just to get himself going. He needs to play defense, rebound, pass the ball, and take what comes to him. That's his best bet to break in imo. But so far it looks like he wants to make a play so bad he's going 1000 mph and trying too hard to make a great play. Less is more for freshmen sometimes.
Agree it looks like he is thinking to much
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #337
cincyguy13
Epic Member

The game will slow down for Williams. He’ll be alright. Hopefully by December. Going to need him
Old 11-22-2017, 03:53 PM   #338
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would probably start Jenifer as of right now...but I wouldn't say from here on out. Cane will work through his turnover issues but he can also be a nice 6th man for now.

I wish all of Cane's to's came from aggressiveness but they don't. Some have been lazy passes, some he couldn't even pass it past the defender guarding him, some passes haven't even been close to target, and some he has been trying to dribble in very heavy traffic with no regard to where defenders are.

He has to get that stuff figured out but we can still give him plenty of minutes to play through it. I think Keith will also play through it and learn at the same time. Maybe not in crucial moments though. Jenifer and Moore are safer plays right now...but that could change.
As of now...if I were protecting a lead I would probably run with Jenifer. If I were mounting a comeback I would probably option for Cane.

I would probably start the game with Jenifer and use Cane as my sparkplug. I am not a huge fan of subbing to strength...but in this case it makes total sense because of the turnovers.

Again this is as of now. I think Cane will get it figured out.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:55 PM   #339
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
In the championship game tonight, I would start Washington over Brooks, and Jenifer over Broome.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:00 PM   #340
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Yah...he dribbled around on one play WAY above the arc and kept dribbling. He almost lost the ball a couple times but got free only to end up walking with the ball going to the hoop.

That is NOT a team play in any shape or form. That is a me play. I agree he has to slow down and let it come to him. He is not scoring option plan A.