Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #21
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I'm not sure how anybody could think Broome is gonna have a coming out party at any time after last night. I still can't figure out what got him benched.

His turnover rate is almost identical to xaviers PG, I found that interesting.

Here's to hoping Mick sees the light and lets Broome do his thing.
Per 100 possessions Goodin is at 12.5 ass to 5.5 TO. Broome is at 8.1 to 6.9. Our schedule has been a little easier as well. If Broome can go 2:1 I don't mind seeing the TO's as much. Jenifer is at 7 to 1.5.

I could be wrong...this is per sports reference.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #22
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Per 100 possessions Goodin is at 12.5 ass to 5.5 TO. Broome is at 8.1 to 6.9. Our schedule has been a little easier as well. If Broome can go 2:1 I don't mind seeing the TO's as much. Jenifer is at 7 to 1.5.

Goodin has a really high assist rate but his turnover rate is 27.4 compared to broomes 27.5. but xavier has always ran a good offense so i expect their PGs to get a decent amount of assists.

Jenifer really shouldn't ever turn the ball over. we haven't faced any pressure defense and he never attempts to penetrate. shouldn't turn it over passing 30 feet from the rim over and over.

A ton of Jenifers value early in the year is due to his 3 point %, but if you had to make a list of 4 shooters, Evans, Cumberland, Moore, and Jenifer what is your order of who you want shooting it? Jenifer currently has the highest 3point% of the group.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #23
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Broome is also scoring 6 more points per 100. So when you average it all out they are really neck and neck (Jenifer and Broome). Cronin will value ball control over scoring if they are even and so would I. If Cane can reduce TO's in half...he is the clear cut favorite to run the team.

I hope he gets there!! Until then he and Jenifer are having about the same impact.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #24
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Early season lines are a little more difficult to judge/predict. Would be surprised though to see us open as a favorite on the road here. But wouldn't be shocked to see it close with us as a small favorite though (almost every single one of our lines has moved 1-4 points in our favor since opening, so clearly some people with $ like to bet on us).

Kpom has X favored by 1.

Imo, i think a true line is probably X -3. But the way money has moved if I had to set it, I'd put it at X-1 or pickem.

Lot still depends on the Baylor game too.
High roller right here!
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 09:50 AM   #25
cincrulz11
Epic Member

another thing about Broome's turnovers, 11 of the 16 have come in 2 games. in the other 4 games he has 5 turnovers total. he's not out there just giving the ball up possession after possession.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #26
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin City View Post
Ill buy you a beer or two if this hold trues...which i hope dearly it does.
I'm good for a round as well...that'd be a huge X-Factor if Broome had a great game.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:52 AM   #27
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Broome is also scoring 6 more points per 100. So when you average it all out they are really neck and neck (Jenifer and Broome). Cronin will value ball control over scoring if they are even and so would I. If Cane can reduce TO's in half...he is the clear cut favorite to run the team.

I hope he gets there!! Until then he and Jenifer are having about the same impact.

cane also has a nearly 4x steal % and gets many more wide open looks for his teammates. the battle between them really isn't even close. it just isn't.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:53 AM   #28
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Goodin has a really high assist rate but his turnover rate is 27.4 compared to broomes 27.5. but xavier has always ran a good offense so i expect their PGs to get a decent amount of assists.

Jenifer really shouldn't ever turn the ball over. we haven't faced any pressure defense and he never attempts to penetrate. shouldn't turn it over passing 30 feet from the rim over and over.

A ton of Jenifers value early in the year is due to his 3 point %, but if you had to make a list of 4 shooters, Evans, Cumberland, Moore, and Jenifer what is your order of who you want shooting it? Jenifer currently has the highest 3point% of the group.
I prefer the other 3 players take 3 pointers but Jenifer has done a pretty good job of shot selection. He's not going to be launching 3's from NBA range or if he has a hand in his face. He shoots set shots. Cane shoots on the move more. I will prefer set shots unless we need to make something happen. Cane can create his own shots...but we only need that to happen when we are in a close game and having trouble getting shots off.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I think Gary, Jacob, and Jarron will have to play 30+ minutes in this game. Hopefully we can get at least 25 out of Kyle.

Broome will get a chance to show what he can do but he can't make some of the lazy passes he has made so far. They will get picked off in a hurry. I like what Terry Nelson said a few games back "you have to fake a pass before you make a pass". Broome has been somewhat easy to predict on some passes. If he comes out and throws the ball away a couple of times he won't see many more minutes unless we need scoring at the end.

We will probably see Tre for 5-10 minutes. Justin's minutes depend a lot on how Cane plays but at least 15. Brooks probably 10 or so. Moore could get 10 as well. Williams can play if he's not trying to do too much...maybe 5 minutes or so. Eliel could see 5 minutes if we get in foul trouble but otherwise won't see any. Diara likely won't get on the court.
Jenifer is going to get closer to 25 I think unless Broome has the game mdchick was hoping for. Huge road game, Cronin will go with the PG he trusts.

I agree on Williams and don't think he is ready to help us in a game like this. I'd much rather have T Moore's shooting.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
IMO...the more ways we can find to get "The Problem" the ball the better. High post...low post I don't care. Gary almost always makes good decisions and is a great passer. He is the most prepared player for this type of game as well IMO. I also like seeing the ball in Jacob or Jarron's hands. We need these guys touching the ball on most possessions. They all make good decisions for the most part. Both wings make good entry passes and can knock down 3's.
Completely agree. We don't need our PGs hunting shots for themselves.