Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Will UC beat Florida?
Yes 22 56.41%
No 17 43.59%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #61
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I'm just frustrated by it.

Our Best on paper team has little to no room for error.

All this can go away with a win against Florida. But if we lose, we will deservedly drop out of the top 25 and will have to win the next 2 to get back in it.

Lets just beat Florida.
yeah i was in the same spot before the x game over the broome thing. people were like "its early we'll get it figured out" but to me the season was this 4 game stretch. we dont have time to figure it out. sucks the way the schedule set up.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #62
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I think what your failing to see is the way our schedule is, its unlike any other top tier team this year. In Kenpom's top 30 teams, only 2 teams have a SOS of 300+: UC and Miami.

Miami is going to get to play duke, fsu, UNC, Louisville, Virginia, ND, NC State, Clemson, FSU, & Virginia Tech as top 50 games in the conference season. Its safe to say they don't have to worry about SOS.

We are in a non power league and we have a glaring SOS problem.

Instead of Alabama St we could have played a team like Old Dominion (#76), Instead of Savannah State we could have played a team like Mercer (#96), Instead of playing Coppin State we could have played a team like NKU (#91).

Those are all top 100 wins where we would win by 20-30 points that teams in our conference played this year. If teams in our conference can afford these buy games, we can too.

if we took off those 3 300+ games, and subbed them with those easily winnable top 100 buy games, were have insurance in case shit goes real bad against X, UCLA & Florida.

But we didn't. We have no insurance. And if we do lose all 3 (not out of the realm of possibility being as we are not home in any of those games) then all we have in the non conference is a really really bad SOS and just 1 top 100 win.

Like I said, I know it was not exactly UC's fault because of our arena. But its still a problem regardless. All the pressure in the world is on these next 3 games.

IMO Florida is the most important game on our schedule. Currently we have just 3 ranked games left on our schedule and I don't see any team in the AAC getting ranked this year. We don't win and its bad news. Be optimist all you want, but that is the reality. I've said this from the start
I understand the problem with lower tier games. I get it. However...last year we had 7 top 50 chances (Column 1 games) and we won 3 of them. SMU x 3, ISU, Butler, RI, X. We had another 4 chances in column 2 with Houston x 2 and UCF x 2. We won 3.

This year in column 1 we COULD have something like this if I am going by current Kenpom rankings and the new changes to team sheets. Rather than column 1 being top 50 it is changing to top 30 home, top 50 neutral, top 75 away. Column 2 is 31-75 home, 51-100 neutral, and 76-135 away rather than just top 100 wins.

Possible column 1...We had 7 last year. This year we could have...

X, FLA, UCLA (3 OOC). WSU x 3, SMU x 2, Hou away, Temp away, UCF away, with potential for another in tourney besides WSU. Let's call it 11 though compared to 7 last year.

Possible Column 2 we had 4 games last year. This year we could have...

Hou home, Temp home, UCF home, Uconn away, Tulsa away...Miss St home. Wyoming neutral. Maybe 1 more in conference tourney. That is 8 games compared to 4 in column 2.

I understand some of these teams are on the bubble of which column they will be in and some of this will change. Wyoming is around 100 in Kenpom and UCF around 75. Let's call it somewhere between 15-20 column 1 and 2 chances compared to 11 last year.

I don't know how much the SOS will change because of our bad OOC teams vs having some better games on the top end. That will affect our RPI a little but we were 12th last year (I think) and got a 6 seed because we lacked column 1 and 2 wins/games. This year our RPI could be a little lower but maybe not get moved as far down because we have more column 1 and 2 games.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #63
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Florida down 27-14 to Loyola
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #64
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

27-17 8 min left 1H
Old 12-06-2017, 07:49 PM   #65
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Florida down 3 at half
Old 12-06-2017, 08:00 PM   #66
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Temple beats Wisconsin
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #67
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Yeah we should pound Florida down low.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:11 PM   #68
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Florida not impressive- losing to Loyola - hope they come back 2nd half
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #69
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
florida has shot 19% from 3 these 2 games after shooting 45% as a team prior.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #70
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Florida loses 65-59.