Bearcat Rob is on a distinguished road
US Bank Renovation?

Interesting timing:
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/...na-renovations
Bearcat Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #2
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
Not sure why public dollars have to be used for this project. I suppose I understand the need for the upgrades but feel this is just a money grab. Why should I give my tax dollars to this project? So Kentucky basketball can have a nice venue when they visit (raid) Cincinnati? Or is this MSA Sport trying to get a piece of the action. Most likely a little bit of both. Don't like the use of tax dollars for these improvements. 200 million? That's a ridiculous number. Scale it back to 50 million and make it work.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #3
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
I agree it's a TON of money, but it looks amazing and might be what we need to bring NBA and NHL games here a couple times a season, shows, bigger concerts, etc. Downtown has seen some major improvements over the past decade. Hell, maybe we can even fight for the Cincinnati Royals to make a comeback and play there lol. US Bank arena is an embarrassment right now and needs some work.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
How nice would it be to get some of the NCAA tournament back in Cincinnati! Those were the days. lol I'm showing my age.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
How nice would it be to get some of the NCAA tournament back in Cincinnati! Those were the days. lol I'm showing my age.
Interesting comment. If I read correctly the capacity is only going up by 500. Is 18,500 enough for the NCAA?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:02 PM   #6
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
It's a joke they propose the drawings with zero idea where money is going to come from. They better keep the tax payers out of it. It's time for the 10 Fortune 500 companies in this city to step up and fund this bad boy.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:52 PM   #7
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Interesting comment. If I read correctly the capacity is only going up by 500. Is 18,500 enough for the NCAA?
I've seen where it adds 18,500 seats, and multiple upper tiers. Would allow for NCAA events, conf tourny's, larger concerts etc.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
I've seen where it adds 18,500 seats, and multiple upper tiers. Would allow for NCAA events, conf tourny's, larger concerts etc.
Yeah, 18,500 is plenty for NCAA Tourney games. Would be cool to see a UC vs Duke/UK non-conference game in there.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:08 AM   #9
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Yeah, 18,500 is plenty for NCAA Tourney games. Would be cool to see a UC vs Duke/UK non-conference game in there.
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...+Cincinnati%29

Interesting article about the renovation "plans", the commissioner is saying they wouldn't be able to do the renovation without UC being the anchor to being the games.

I don't think there is any way UC would move every game downtown and there are multiple obstacles to do it. Plus I am in the group that thinks keeping games on campus is vital.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #10
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...+Cincinnati%29

Interesting article about the renovation "plans", the commissioner is saying they wouldn't be able to do the renovation without UC being the anchor to being the games.

I don't think there is any way UC would move every game downtown and there are multiple obstacles to do it. Plus I am in the group that thinks keeping games on campus is vital.
I really hope that we keep the stadium on campus. I will attend either way but the students will not show up...so the atmosphere will suck.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote