Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2017, 10:47 PM   #81
cincycpaw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 956
cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Ok - been to NKU for a few games now. Arena is pretty good for watching the game but the overall arena sucks. Itís a sterile environment. The traffic in and out is sooooo bad and the arena is only half full at best. It sucks. Would be sooooo much better to be playing at the Banks. Very unfortunate to have this team playing in this crappy middle of nowhere arena.

cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #82
Patrick Bateman
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,341
Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
The parking is such a joke. I park across the street from the arena, when I go in the lot they have cones in front of all of the parking spots, an attendant was removing the cones and I asked him if I could park there and he said no forcing me to park in the garage portion. Then coming out, I wanted to turn right to go to Johns Hill Road and the policeman would not let me, he was forcing me to go do Nunn drive where all traffic was headed, I pointed to go right, he said no, I still tried to turn and he ran in front of my car preventing me from going that way. Makes no sense why they block spots and streets. Wait until the conference starts and weather is not so good, going to be a nightmare.
__________________
"Every day we are day-to-day." Coach Cronin
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:40 AM   #83
UCalum08
Epic Member
 
UCalum08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 6,630
UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
The parking is such a joke. I park across the street from the arena, when I go in the lot they have cones in front of all of the parking spots, an attendant was removing the cones and I asked him if I could park there and he said no forcing me to park in the garage portion. Then coming out, I wanted to turn right to go to Johns Hill Road and the policeman would not let me, he was forcing me to go do Nunn drive where all traffic was headed, I pointed to go right, he said no, I still tried to turn and he ran in front of my car preventing me from going that way. Makes no sense why they block spots and streets. Wait until the conference starts and weather is not so good, going to be a nightmare.
You're not the only one experiencing those same problems. Me too! I would recommend voicing all those concerns to Mike Bohn. I have, along with other fans and it seems he at least listens. I know he is getting a ton of complaints, rightfully so.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:01 PM   #84
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member
 
david aka the TYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mason area
Posts: 2,754
david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I told Mike bohn in one of the town hall meetings that parking is a nightmare at that place. Bottom line it was much cheaper than us bank and they offered free parking to season ticket holders. At this point games won't be moved so just have to suck it up. It is an absolute joke to have an arena that size with essentially one way in and out off a really busy highway.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM   #85
Patrick Bateman
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,341
Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
And the arena only has two entrances, one of them forces you to go upstairs as well, which is a joke also
__________________
"Every day we are day-to-day." Coach Cronin
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #86
cincrulz11
Elite Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,436
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
what can you do. they didn't build that place for a team like us. just gotta deal with it for the season. theres nothing UC can do about it though.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:29 PM   #87
Patrick Bateman
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,341
Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
what can you do. they didn't build that place for a team like us. just gotta deal with it for the season. theres nothing UC can do about it though.
It was build to accommodate 9400 people, and so far much much fewer than that have attended each UC game and it already a nightmare. Not sure if Bohn could have done anything but they should have police controlling the traffic signals outside the arena, not doing that is idiotic, especially if the Highland Heights police force you to go through the main drag to leave. Maybe he should of put that in the proposal, instead Bohn suggested to get to game 1-2 hours early, how do you do that if you work until 5?
__________________
"Every day we are day-to-day." Coach Cronin
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:31 PM   #88
ThomasMac
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 53
ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Ok - been to NKU for a few games now. Arena is pretty good for watching the game but the overall arena sucks. Itís a sterile environment. The traffic in and out is sooooo bad and the arena is only half full at best. It sucks. Would be sooooo much better to be playing at the Banks. Very unfortunate to have this team playing in this crappy middle of nowhere arena.
I agree 100% about the traffic issues but I disagree about the environment of the arena. I think they have done a good job covering up as much of the NKU signage, logos, etc (besides the flooring, which we've talked about a bunch on here). It obviously doesn't feel like "home" yet but I think that will change when we begin to get good crowds in there. Hopefully Tues against Miss State will change some of that flat atmosphere feeling.
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM   #89
cincrulz11
Elite Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,436
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
It was build to accommodate 9400 people, and so far much much fewer than that have attended each UC game and it already a nightmare. Not sure if Bohn could have done anything but they should have police controlling the traffic signals outside the arena, not doing that is idiotic, especially if the Highland Heights police force you to go through the main drag to leave. Maybe he should of put that in the proposal, instead Bohn suggested to get to game 1-2 hours early, how do you do that if you work until 5?

ive been down there for concerts without the problems the uc games seem to create. maybe they dont spend the same amount of resources controlling the traffic for our games. maybe they dont care.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 10:55 AM   #90
cincycpaw
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 956
cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
ive been down there for concerts without the problems the uc games seem to create. maybe they dont spend the same amount of resources controlling the traffic for our games. maybe they dont care.
Maybe that's why it was cheaper....I hate it. The Banks would have made every game an event. Now it's like I'm waiting in long lines before and after the game to see it in the middle of a cornfield.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.