Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #11
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
For once UC actually has a good kicker and can rely on them.
Agreed. Gantz is an incredible asset and we are lucky to have him for the next 3 years.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:39 AM   #12
Bearcat_Ross

Bearcat_Ross is on a distinguished road
Yeah, seeing Gantz drill that kick made sitting in the freezing cold totally worth it.
Bearcat_Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #13
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Crazy game, stuck it out in the cold to the very end and only got to bed four hours past my bedtime. On that note, I know it's been beat to death, but I hate ESPN. Their stupid long TV timeouts. UGH!!! Going for it on fourth down was just dumb, dumb, dumb. Even if logic does tell you they'll probably score anyway. They got lucky to win. You can't give them the ball on the 30. (Or the 27) I thought most of the interference calls were correct but I would've liked to have seen at least one on their receivers. There was alot of contact both ways on many plays. All-in-all at least we got an exciting game and a down to the wire finish to reward us for sitting out in the cold all night. Great job by Gantz to kick the game winner. One other note, Gunner really needs to do a better job of leading his receivers on downfield throws. He shorts everyone it seems. Let's win out and at least muster out a share of the conference title.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Has everyone given up on the football cats. Guys smoked UCONN. A shutout! 41-0. If they finish the year 9-3 and a share of title Have your expectations been met? Myself the improvement they have made defensively is incredible. A shutout against anyone in today's game is huge.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #15
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
When was this?
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:36 PM   #16
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
When was this?
certainly you jest?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #17
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

I haven't given up on them. UConn game was great to watch. Our defense has played better. Nice when you play teams that are in the bottom 10 of college football. Will be interesting to see if they can win out and get a share of the crown. That Memphis debacle might cost them am outright title and a chance to play in a premier bowl. I think the biggest plus in the last few games has been the emergence of Moore and Boone in the running game. Gunner is still not leading his receivers on deep balls and throwing short. That needs to be corrected by next season.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #18
Polk

Polk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I haven't given up on them. UConn game was great to watch. Our defense has played better. Nice when you play teams that are in the bottom 10 of college football. Will be interesting to see if they can win out and get a share of the crown. That Memphis debacle might cost them am outright title and a chance to play in a premier bowl. I think the biggest plus in the last few games has been the emergence of Moore and Boone in the running game. Gunner is still not leading his receivers on deep balls and throwing short. That needs to be corrected by next season.
Just a quick glance at the season and you kind of won the games you should have won and lost the games you should have lost. And you sure don't get style points for beating the likes of SMU and UConn. Think playing in the AAC is going to kill you long term if you want a 'Premier Bowl'. I would recommend the BXII. You'll play reasonably tough schedule and if you beat the big boys there will be no concern about getting your due.
Polk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #19
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polk View Post
Just a quick glance at the season and you kind of won the games you should have won and lost the games you should have lost. And you sure don't get style points for beating the likes of SMU and UConn. Think playing in the AAC is going to kill you long term if you want a 'Premier Bowl'. I would recommend the BXII. You'll play reasonably tough schedule and if you beat the big boys there will be no concern about getting your due.
I like your recommendation, I'll take 5 please
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #20
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polk View Post
Not our choice to be in this conference or to go to a different conference. UC is doing everything they can to get into a power 5 conference.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote