Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #91
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Not sure if this is something that anyone had thought about, but everybody played except for Strickland and Tobler, meaning there officially won't be any redshirting this year.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:49 AM   #92
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Moorman needs more minutes.... Shaq sanders g need less minutes...
True but not going to happen.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #93
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Not sure if this is something that anyone had thought about, but everybody played except for Strickland and Tobler, meaning there officially won't be any redshirting this year.
Someone can still get hurt and still get a medical redshirt.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #94
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Someone can still get hurt and still get a medical redshirt.
Well, yeah. I'm saying it's not in Cronin's plan to redshirt anyone. Sometimes they kind of get announced at the last minute.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 12:08 PM   #95
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I listened post game on my way home. What he said was he was very happy with how the team played defense. He even mentioned how all coaches understand you win with defense. On offense the team had trouble delivering the ball to the post. They missed many open players because they were late passing the ball inside. I concurred with him. He also mentioned as with many young players when they miss a couple shots they become hesitant to shoot. He was encouraging them to put it up. He referenced how many shots Kobe and SK miss. Seems you only hear what you want to hear. If your embarrassed by your team winning you may want to find a new team.we have a very inexperienced roster. It will take time.
Ease up Waite. Your post was designed to start the usual pile-on comments from everyone else. Mick said exactly what I said. His comment was that a player gets his Mojo from playing defense, as if you're playing great offense, you can't find this same Mojo. I heard every one of his comments, but I only commented on the one, because it seemed to correlate with how I saw them playing. When it comes to me finding a new team,, I graduated from this school and I've been a season ticket holder since I was a young kid in 1961. I don't need condecending comments from someone who never went to the school and decided to become a fan at some point. I also didn't say I was embarrassed by the team. In the same way you accused me of hearing only what I wanted to hear of Mick'scomments, you evidently only heard what you wanted to hear of my comments. My first sentence said, I like this team a lot.". And, near the end I said, "But, I like this roster a lot." Never once did I say I was embarrassed by this team. What I said was that offensive performance was embarrassing against that team when we had a huge size advantage, and with the "Talent" we have!. Saying a performance is embarrassing is a long way from declaring I' m embarrassed by my team. You might want to quit trying to incite others with your comments and just stick with your feelings on the game. You see what you want to see, and I'll see what I want to see. And as I said in my post, there's a lot of talent on this team, and I like this roster a lot. If you somehow interpret those comments as me being embassassed with my team and therefore I should move on to another team, then you have some issues with how you interpret things I guess.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #96
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Ease up Waite. Your post was designed to start the usual pile-on comments from everyone else. Mick said exactly what I said. His comment was that a player gets his Mojo from playing defense, as if you're playing great offense, you can't find this same Mojo. I heard every one of his comments, but I only commented on the one, because it seemed to correlate with how I saw them playing. When it comes to me finding a new team,, I graduated from this school and I've been a season ticket holder since I was a young kid in 1961. I don't need condecending comments from someone who never went to the school and decided to become a fan at some point. I also didn't say I was embarrassed by the team. In the same way you accused me of hearing only what I wanted to hear of Mick'scomments, you evidently only heard what you wanted to hear of my comments. My first sentence said, I like this team a lot.". And, near the end I said, "But, I like this roster a lot." Never once did I say I was embarrassed by this team. What I said was that offensive performance was embarrassing against that team when we had a huge size advantage, and with the "Talent" we have!. Saying a performance is embarrassing is a long way from declaring I' m embarrassed by my team. You might want to quit trying to incite others with your comments and just stick with your feelings on the game. You see what you want to see, and I'll see what I want to see. And as I said in my post, there's a lot of talent on this team, and I like this roster a lot. If you somehow interpret those comments as me being embassassed with my team and therefore I should move on to another team, then you have some issues with how you interpret things I guess.
My comment was to let everyone know the context with which Mick made his defense comments. As I mentioned most coaches especially good ones emphasize defense. You somehow use this as a means to downgrade micks ability to coach. What is obvious to me is you don't know the game very well. Not trying to offend you,I think you care about the program but you
LAck basic basketball knowledge. See how easy that is to do. I sounded like I was being nice but I insulted the heck out of you. L-T the cats will lose a game soon enough and you can tell us all I told you so.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote