Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #531
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jake I think many of our ruts were caused by poor decisions and bad ball handling. As I mentioned Washington has much better hands then Ellis and Shaq was a disaster in the half court. A small improvement from KJ and we should be better offensively. Scott is supposed to be a very good passer as well. In Clark and Washington we really have two very good passing bigs.
All good things. I just hope Washington has good touch. Any idea what kind of FT% we can expect?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #532
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
All good things. I just hope Washington has good touch. Any idea what kind of FT% we can expect?
Haven't really heard or seen how he shoots FT's but I do not he has a nice touch from the outside. I would surmise he has a nice stroke from the line.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #533
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
We can cut down on 2-3 turnovers a game on the new guys just having better hands. Shaq would dribble off his foot and ellis has terrible hands to even catch the ball. A good pg is only valuable if your other 4 have the hands to catch quick passes
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:16 AM   #534
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We can cut down on 2-3 turnovers a game on the new guys just having better hands. Shaq would dribble off his foot and ellis has terrible hands to even catch the ball. A good pg is only valuable if your other 4 have the hands to catch quick passes
You don't have to worry about quick passes with Troy. He's not very creative in that part of his game. Pretty vanilla. If Jennifer's minutes increase, that could be a concern.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:46 AM   #535
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I'm hoping that's the case. Caupain is phenomenal at not turning the ball over. He averaged just 1.8 turnovers in 33.5 minutes per game. Most PGs will average around 3 in that many minutes. That UConn 4-OT game was nuts...dude dropped 37 points, 10 boards, and 5 assists in 56 minutes and had ZERO turnovers all game. Turnovers really aren't a big concern of mine entering this season.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #536
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I'm hoping that's the case. Caupain is phenomenal at not turning the ball over. He averaged just 1.8 turnovers in 33.5 minutes per game. Most PGs will average around 3 in that many minutes. That UConn 4-OT game was nuts...dude dropped 37 points, 10 boards, and 5 assists in 56 minutes and had ZERO turnovers all game. Turnovers really aren't a big concern of mine entering this season.
One of the best performances by a UC PG in recent memory. He played a incredible game.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #537
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Cobb put up a snapchat of Kyle Washington practicing even when drills were over. I feel like his work worth ethnic is something special. He will give us more than Ellis gave.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:29 AM   #538
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Cobb put up a snapchat of Kyle Washington practicing even when drills were over. I feel like his work worth ethnic is something special. He will give us more than Ellis gave.
some have pointed out that Kyle Washington fits the bearcat mold. A hard working vocal player who hates to lose.

While I think Ellis made progress in his career both on the court and off I won't miss the little squabbles he seemed to get into every game. Kid had a rough upbringing and I hope he continues to make progress with his anger issues. You just have to know the opposition was constantly trying to push his buttons. His story is a reminder that success isn't always measured in wins and losses.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 06-28-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:15 AM   #539
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
One of the best performances by a UC PG in recent memory. He played a incredible game.
I'd say that's selling him short. How about one of the best performances by any UC player ever?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #540
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
It really stinks that Troy is going to be a Sr. this season. Without much depth behind him it's going to take a heroic effort from Troy, Gary and Jacob to achieve the kind of season I'd like to see Troy have before he leaves.

Regardless of what happens Troy is going to leave UC as one of my favorite players in the history of the program and for some reason one that seemed to have our fan base polarized. He'll probably top the list of most under-appreciated Bearcats of all time.

Last edited by UCBearcats; 06-28-2016 at 09:48 AM.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote