Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: How many regular season wins for the Bearcats this year?
30-31 10 26.32%
28-29 12 31.58%
26-27 13 34.21%
24-25 3 7.89%
23 or fewer 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #1
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Official Season Predictions Thread

Here are my predictions for the season. I think I came pretty damn close last year.

Savannah State : W
Western Carolina : W
Coppin State
: W
Buffalo* : W
Richmond or UAB* : W
Iowa, Louisiana, South Dakota State or Wyoming*
:W
Alabama State: W
@Xavier: W
Florida* : L
Missisippi State : W
@UCLA: L
Arkansas-Pine Bluff: W
Cleveland State : W
Memphis
@Temple : W
SMU : W
@USF : W
@UCF : L
ECU : W
Temple
@Memphis : L
Houston : W
@UCONN : L
UCF : W
@SMU : L
@Houston: W
Wichita State : W
UCONN : W
Tulsa : W
@Tulane : W
@Wichita State : L

24-7

Summary: 24-7 feels like a drop off from last year but our conference is so much better. Even playing at NKU, I expect UC to protect home court and continue its 26 game win streak.

I'm boldly predicting a victory at Cintas center. Cronin has never entered Cintas with this much offensive fire power. Lets punk them on the glass and face guard Blueitt all the way to victory.

I expect UCF to hand us our first conference loss of the season. We just seem to play bad in Orlando. However if we hit some 3's, we can easily beat them. Were better. Just need to shoot well and get tacko in foul trouble. I'll also predict one upset loss and its to memphis, who we just can't seem to beat in Fedex forum. Another game where we massively out talent them but need to shoot well in that large NBA arena.

I do think we split the series with UCONN. They will have a fire their belly to beat us and finally the talent to do it.

I really wanted to pick UC to finish 26-5 but we have some tough stretches that just seem really tough to walk away with out some bruises.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #2
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Here are my predictions for the season. I think I came pretty damn close last year.

Coppin State
Memphis
Temple

24-7

Summary: 24-7 feels like a drop off from last year but our conference is so much better. Even playing at NKU, I expect UC to protect home court and continue its 26 game win streak.

I'm boldly predicting a victory at Cintas center. Cronin has never entered Cintas with this much offensive fire power. Lets punk them on the glass and face guard Blueitt all the way to victory.

I expect UCF to hand us our first conference loss of the season. We just seem to play bad in Orlando. However if we hit some 3's, we can easily beat them. Were better. Just need to shoot well and get tacko in foul trouble. I'll also predict one upset loss and its to memphis, who we just can't seem to beat in Fedex forum. Another game where we massively out talent them but need to shoot well in that large NBA arena.

I do think we split the series with UCONN. They will have a fire their belly to beat us and finally the talent to do it.

I really wanted to pick UC to finish 26-5 but we have some tough stretches that just seem really tough to walk away with out some bruises.
I'll go 26-5 with win over Florida and one of the road conf.games (UCF or UConn). It's tough when you add 2 games with top 10 WSU and UCF, UConn, Temple, Hou., among others, are arguably improved

Last edited by indydoug; 09-20-2017 at 03:07 PM.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:23 PM   #3
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Coppin State
Memphis
Temple

24-7

Losses

Xavier
Florida
Ucla
At uconn
At Smu
Wichita st
At Wichita st
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Losses

Xavier
Florida
Ucla
At uconn
At Smu
Wichita st
At Wichita st

LoL...
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
No bleeping way are we losing at Memhphis.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #6
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Losses

Xavier
Florida
Ucla
At uconn
At Smu
Wichita st
At Wichita st
Honest question. How good do you think we are this year? You Have us losing pretty much every hard game. Not saying we will win every one but if we are a top 15-20 team we should win a couple.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #7
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
No bleeping way are we losing at Memhphis.
Agree, Memphis might be the worst team in the league.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Coppin State
Memphis
Temple

24-7

I will say 1 home loss. 2 OOC losses. 3 road AAC road losses. 25-6.

I predict a couple of bumps with a new PG and playing off campus but we will be in the title game in conference and win it this year. I predict we will make the sweet 16 or beyond.

This team is one of the most versatile in the country. We can beat you inside or out. No real weakness that I can see if we can keep up our tradition on D which I fully expect.

Bring em on!!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #9
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I would guess anywhere from 25-27 wins. I think we will beat either Florida or ucla. Will probably lose a game we shouldn't. Like the Tulsa/ Marshall games last year but we won't pull them out. I think this team will be better but have a slightly worse record.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #10
cincyguy13
Epic Member

If cane is 70% of what everyone is claiming he is, I think we are a top 5-10 team and win 30 games again but I have no idea what he is