Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #201
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protected1 View Post
C'mon Waite. We won one tournament in the past ten years and that was this year in a tournament with no other ncaa tournament teams. We have not won any Conference tournament championship, and one sweet 16. I am an ultra fan but facts are facts and the numbers really dont lie. Since 2010, our March record is 26-19. 5 of those wins coming last year. We have no conference tourney titles in that time and one shared titles in what i think most can agree is a subpar conference. During that same time period we have only been ranked in the preseason three times. 7 out of the 8 years since 2010 we were ranked in the polls only to finish out of the polls 5 out of those same years!!We are 3-8 against Xavier and have only finished in the final AP and coaches poll 3 times since 2010.

Those numbers dont lie. As a Super fan, I expect to win a conference title every year especially in this conference. I expect to be ranked all year pre and post season without falling out of the polls. These we expectations since I became a fan as a teen and when I attended school during some magical years in the 90's.

I tired of being an average team (tourney and NCAA tourney results only). Its almost like we have been Bengalized. Just making it is enough. Well its not!!
To each is own. I have been a fan since 1960. I like our program and what it represents. Wouldn't Change for any other. . Put us in a P-5 conference and we would elevate our performance. Until then I'm happy were we are.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #202
Protected1
Banned

Protected1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
To each is own. I have been a fan since 1960. I like our program and what it represents. Wouldn't Change for any other. . Put us in a P-5 conference and we would elevate our performance. Until then I'm happy were we are.
im not. tired of excuses
Protected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #203
Cartel

Cartel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
im not. tired of excuses
You are truly a ray of sunshine
Cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:46 PM   #204
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
im not. tired of excuses
Your arguments have no real basis. Other than you just want to be mad about the bearcats. I think we would all love a few more wins in the tourney. But to expect them to advance every year, hell even Duke has been eliminated 3 times in the first round the last 8 years, I believe twice to 15 seeds. Maybe one was a 14. But regardless, to base an entire season off of a few games in ridiculous. And the fact you're doing all this, this season, we when have the chance to make our deepest run in years. People are constantly talking about a FF run out of this team, and I'm talking national media. So I guess I just don't understand why you can't enjoy the ride. You've got two GREAT seniors playing in their last season in bearcats jerseys and we are talking about what happened years ago. I don't get it.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #205
Cartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Your arguments have no real basis. Other than you just want to be mad about the bearcats. I think we would all love a few more wins in the tourney. But to expect them to advance every year, hell even Duke has been eliminated 3 times in the first round the last 8 years, I believe twice to 15 seeds. Maybe one was a 14. But regardless, to base an entire season off of a few games in ridiculous. And the fact you're doing all this, this season, we when have the chance to make our deepest run in years. People are constantly talking about a FF run out of this team, and I'm talking national media. So I guess I just don't understand why you can't enjoy the ride. You've got two GREAT seniors playing in their last season in bearcats jerseys and we are talking about what happened years ago. I don't get it.
You know I have never see “protected1” until this season. Why has decided to show up and constantly trash this team is beyond me. I am beginning to think he is a Xavier troll...
Old 01-22-2018, 08:36 PM   #206
Protected1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
You know I have never see “protected1” until this season. Why has decided to show up and constantly trash this team is beyond me. I am beginning to think he is a Xavier troll...
I've never seen you either with all of your 57 post. Get out of here clown.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:37 PM   #207
Protected1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Your probably right. Expecting to advance more than once on ten years in the ncaa tourney or winning a conference championship is asking too much. My have the fan base changed. We used to expect titles not we happy with participation trophies.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 PM   #208
Cartel

Quote:
I've never seen you either with all of your 57 post. Get out of here clown.
I have said more with my 57 posts than you have with all your incessant drivel. Go back to Norwood troll.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:11 PM   #209
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Your probably right. Expecting to advance more than once on ten years in the ncaa tourney or winning a conference championship is asking too much. My have the fan base changed. We used to expect titles not we happy with participation trophies.
I was a fan in the 90s too bub... and gonna go with the participation trophy argument, classic. Lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:55 AM   #210
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Really don't think we have Xavier trolls here. My guess would be a banned poster who changes ID's to continue to further the agenda of running down the program and getting the Coach replaced. The Moderators do a very nice job identifying them and removing them. Really don't see much of that kind of posting anymore.

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 01-23-2018 at 06:07 AM.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote