Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2017, 10:41 AM   #1471
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
PLEASE LET IT BE YUKON. The look on Kevin Ollie's face if they got the death penalty would make my life.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #1472
ThomasMac

ThomasMac is on a distinguished road
But the player in question here could be Chane Behanan (once again, just speculation). He played for Ohio Basketball Club- Adidas, which also fits the description in that article. He was a McDonald's All American and the number one player in Kentucky who was recruited by UK and UNC... (and UC for that matter).
ThomasMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:48 PM   #1473
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I'd be surprised if anyone got the death penalty. Too much money in college sports these days and too much influence from ESPN, TV and the money that brings. Giving blue blood programs the death penalty hurts the bottom line and unfortunately I don't think the NCAA has the balls to do the right thing. They're probably as pissed as anyone this came to light cause they'll be forced to make decisions they obviously wanted to overlook this whole time. This stuff happening is the worst kept secret in college sports and yet it's been allowed to happen and even kind of flaunted how obvious it is. Kind of like steroids and MLB. Baseball looked the other way cause it helped the bottom line. The NCAA sold it's soul to ESPN and the almighty $$ a while ago. They allowed programs and conferences to be destroyed on the whim of ESPN to make money off them. So why would they take a stand now?

Just my opinion and my rant. Hope I'm wrong. The whole saga with Louisville and prostitutes is really pretty bad morally and ethically and they got a slap on the wrist. These were grown men buying high school kids prostitutes..... really think about that and tell me how the NCAA has any backbone in punishing recruiting violations. North Carolina did some pretty bad stuff and barely got punished.

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 10-01-2017 at 03:51 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #1474
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
I'd be surprised if anyone got the death penalty. Too much money in college sports these days and too much influence from ESPN, TV and the money that brings. Giving blue blood programs the death penalty hurts the bottom line and unfortunately I don't think the NCAA has the balls to do the right thing. They're probably as pissed as anyone this came to light cause they'll be forced to make decisions they obviously wanted to overlook this whole time. This stuff happening is the worst kept secret in college sports and yet it's been allowed to happen and even kind of flaunted how obvious it is. Kind of like steroids and MLB. Baseball looked the other way cause it helped the bottom line. The NCAA sold it's soul to ESPN and the almighty $$ a while ago. They allowed programs and conferences to be destroyed on the whim of ESPN to make money off them. So why would they take a stand now?

Just my opinion and my rant. Hope I'm wrong. The whole saga with Louisville and prostitutes is really pretty bad morally and ethically and they got a slap on the wrist. These were grown men buying high school kids prostitutes..... really think about that and tell me how the NCAA has any backbone in punishing recruiting violations. North Carolina did some pretty bad stuff and barely got punished.
You could be right. The difference is the FBI is involved in this one. A few people are going to jail over this matter. I think that forces the NCAA to come down hard for appearance sake. The NCAA definitely has its favorites hopefully a few of them go to jail also. I'm sure they have been probably getting paid to look the other way all these years.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 AM   #1475
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post

If there ever was a time for a school to get the death penalty, Louisville is the perfect candidate. They were on probation before this and are repeat offenders. But, I agree with you, the NCAA won't give UL the death penalty. And when they don't, they should announce they are doing away with the death penalty because obviously they care about $ too much instead.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:05 AM   #1476
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
LOL...Nike is next on the block. Just got served subpoenas. Who is our shoe contract with need to know when to start worrying. Although if we were paying our guys I would have expected a few more stars...
Could you imagine the Cronin haters if that happened? "He doesn't even know how to cheat" LOL!
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #1477
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If we were funneling money to recruits...I would hope we could land a 5 star guy or even high 4 star guys with regularity....lol!

How about a 25% off coupon to Target? Thanks UC boosters!
I was thinking the same thing lol. Probation with 1 sweet 16 and 2 5* players. You have to laugh at this stuff.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:12 AM   #1478
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMac View Post
"When my son was in high school, I was approached at an AAU tournament by someone from a rival of Louisville’s. He said, “If you want to go to our school, we can get you $100,000.”

"When he committed (to Louisville), my son was choosing between Louisville and another school that had National Championship titles and was no stranger to the Final Four."

http://nypost.com/2017/09/30/father-...0k-from-rival/

Some people seem to think it maybe UCONN... obviously that's just speculation (it could be anyone at this point). But it will be interesting to see how this NCAA season shakes out.
Would love for 2-3 of these schools to get hit HARD with penalties. Take away 1-2 FF's. We are scratching and clawing and evaluating talent and these guys are paying ($100k is no joke) players.

Since this crap is kind of known, I'm surprised opposing coaches don't rat them out. I guess no one is squeaky clean, so they all are just silent.

Last edited by ZCat; 10-03-2017 at 07:15 AM.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #1479
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Would love for 2-3 of these schools to get hit HARD with penalties. We are scratching and clawing and evaluating talent and these guys are paying ($100k is no joke) players. Since this crap is kind of known, I'm surprised opposing coaches don't rat them out.
This is our chance to make a permanent move into the top 15.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:24 PM   #1480
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Thought I would throw this in the Around the country thread.

Prayers for the innocent victims of yet another senseless act of violence. When will it end????
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote