Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get this year in the Tournament?
1-4 24 38.71%
5-8 35 56.45%
9-16 3 4.84%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #101
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
So annoying especially because they just had it. Outside of uconn fans no other teams will bring any because there is nothing to do or see in Connecticut. I thought the Palestra in philly would be a cool venue
It has me really pissed ha. Why not play at NBA venues in Philly, New Orleans, Houston, Memphis (again)?! It's complete bullshit. No way one other team besides UConn in this conference approves of this.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #102
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
We badly need another ball handling guard. A grad transfer would be sooo perfect. Please staff...please look for a guy like the Dejean jones kid who transferred to Iowa State a few years ago. We are one play making guard away from being a really good team.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #103
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
We badly need another ball handling guard. A grad transfer would be sooo perfect. Please staff...please look for a guy like the Dejean jones kid who transferred to Iowa State a few years ago. We are one play making guard away from being a really good team.
NTS, I have been thinking the same thing. I think we'll get a guard but it will be a 4 year player. If we get a transfer it will be someone who can share minutes as a big. Not that I don't think Brooks will be a good player I just would like to have a bit more experience for next years team.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 08:01 AM   #104
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
It's official, the AAC conference tourney is headed back to Hartford at the XL Center next year.

People wonder why the conference is a damn joke. Why pass up places like New Orleans, Philly, Cincy, Memphis. It's a joke how bad this conference favors UConn. So damn stupid.
Will make it even sweeter when Big 12 adds Cincy and someone else not named UCONN............... Please.....pretty please.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:33 AM   #105
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

There's always next year...
Old 03-19-2016, 12:46 AM   #106
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There's always next year...
Lol. Thanks for that. I needed it.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #107
CanadianBearcat

CanadianBearcat is on a distinguished road
Here's what I hope to see the guys improve upon for next year:

Starters:

Caupain: Get a bit stronger. We need him to be able to finish in the lane more next year and a few inches to his vert. as well as, a bit more strength will only help him.

Johnson: We need you to take Cobb's role on offense next year. You must be able to knock down the wide open 3 because you will get a lot of them. Work on that shot so you can stretch the D and give Gary and Wash room to work on the inside. Keep working on your awareness.

Evans: Get stronger, more consistent on your 3. He has so much potential he could make a huge leap heading into next year. Him Caupain and Clark could all be killers next year

Clark: Get stronger, keep working on handle and the jumpshot. The biggest thing I'm looking for him though is to develop a consistent left handed post move. He has the righty hook down but needs that other hand so he's less predictable.

Washington: No clue what to expect, seems like he has a lot of talent. I want him to be consistent on D and rebounding. Bring the energy and knock down that 12fter when you get the chance. I remember him having an annoyingly good left hook when he played for State.

Bench:

Jenifer: Lose weight, get faster, work on your jumper. Could be a huge addition to the team next year if he just distributes when he plays with the scorers we'll have. I expect a huge jump from this kid (even though I was down on him all year)

Scott: Be Justin Jackson. That is all, just rebound, D up like crazy and score when its easy.

Brooks: Be Cheik Mobdji. Eat space, play D, rebound. For god's sake tho don't kick someone when they are on the ground

Cumberland: Work on your shot/get in shape. He'll need to learn to play D to get on the floor, but he could bring a nice punch off the bench with his physicality and scoring ability.

Moore: Showed me a little something yesterday. I have no doubt he has offensive talent and is working hard. Just let the game come to you and work on your footwork. He could be a nice role player next year if he improves his BB IQ

Mick: Bring in another PG and another Big. Id prefer grad transfer or frosh because I dont want a Juco is the same class as Moore, Clark and Washington. That would be killer to lose all 4 in the same year. I really like the idea of getting Caupain off the ball more next year. If we find a scoring guard we could trot out:

PG- Grad transfer
SG- Caupain
SF- Evans
PF- Clark
C- Washington

Bench:
SG- Johnson
SG- Cumberland
PG- Jenifer
PF- Moore
PF- Scott
C- Brooks
Another big

Id love that team if we could manage to get a few recruits.
CanadianBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:21 PM   #108
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

We will certainly be tested in the non-conference season. We've got Michigan and Xavier at home, Butler and Iowa State on the road, and a potential neutral site game against Duke in Connecticut.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #109
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We will certainly be tested in the non-conference season. We've got Michigan and Xavier at home, Butler and Iowa State on the road, and a potential neutral site game against Duke in Connecticut.
Very exciting. Winning a few of these will go a long way with our seeding next year.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #110
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Very exciting. Winning a few of these will go a long way with our seeding next year.
Duke is going to be absolutely loaded next year with Giles and Tatum along with whoever comes back. It will be a good early season barometer.