Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #211
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive View Post
Cane Broome's strength is dribble penetration. With him and Cumberland, this will go from being a weakness, to a strength.
Agree here!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #212
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakMan View Post
I'd actually like to see

Broome
Evans
Cumberland
Clark
Brooks

with Washington coming off the bench in spurts, shooting a bunch and going back to the bench. His defense is beyond repair because his feet and change of direction are terrible.

I am also really high Williams. From the few clips I've seen of him, he seems to be further along than Cumberland or Evans at this point in their careers/development.
Not sure I agree on Washington but if Williams is that good I will be a happy camper!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #213
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't see any comparison between Gaines and Thomas. Gaines was a full on project with almost no skill set. Thomas had some skills and great athleticism but his BB IQ was not too good so he couldn't take full advantage of his ability.
I hope we are past just recruiting athletes. Would rather a less athletic player with a skill. Like the moore signing this year. Don't know if he will be good or not but he has a useful skill. That's my main point.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #214
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I feel like he needs to work more on his right hand. His left hand is already deadly at this point. Every good defender forces him to his right hand and can shut him dow. If he developed even just a decent right hand shot it would make him way more lethal.
I don't know too many ambidextrous players out there. I think Kyle is just fine with his go to moves. I would rather work on his D and fouling and maybe some shot selection. All players are going to be stronger on their dominant side.

If anything I would like to see him bully his way to the bucket more than settle for all the baby hooks...but he's pretty damn good at them.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #215
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure I agree on Washington but if Williams is that good I will be a happy camper!
I agree with you. Washington isn't coming off the bench. No point in even discussing that as a possibility.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:36 AM   #216
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know too many ambidextrous players out there. I think Kyle is just fine with his go to moves. I would rather work on his D and fouling and maybe some shot selection. All players are going to be stronger on their dominant side.

If anything I would like to see him bully his way to the bucket more than settle for all the baby hooks...but he's pretty damn good at them.
I don't think Washington will grow much. Think he is what he is at this point. He's there to score and he's pretty good at it most of the time. I would like to see him not shot a 3 when we desperately need points or the game will get away from us. Seems like he did that in every game we lost. Also wouldn't mind him passing out of the double team. I think both those things can be fix
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #217
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Washington is already going to play pro somewhere.
Think so to Jake. He really needs to expand his offensive game and get stronger Physically.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #218
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I think Washington brings our team to a new level. I know he's going to take some bad shots and even be a ball hot at times, but at least he's aggressive on offense. I like that he has some range too. You see Maye from UNC hitting jumpers the way he did as a center, that's huge. Washington gives us that. He really needs to figure out the defensive side though.

Clark can hit the jumpers too but maybe not as well as Washington, outside of that none of post players can, well besides Quad. I really hope we get a transfer that can sit out next year and possibly be a starter in 2018.
Washington made a few poor decisions by shooting 3's when he shouldn't have but there came a point in time late in the season when it looked as if he was banned from shooting them. I didn't get this strategy since Kyle was knocking down 40%+ on the year. I don't care if there are other guards in practice knocking down a higher % than Kyle...if he makes them in games...let him shoot when he's open. All of our guards/wings are allowed to shoot when open. Kyle had a better % than most of them. If he's wide freaking open...let him shoot the 3!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #219
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Washington made a few poor decisions by shooting 3's when he shouldn't have but there came a point in time late in the season when it looked as if he was banned from shooting them. I didn't get this strategy since Kyle was knocking down 40%+ on the year. I don't care if there are other guards in practice knocking down a higher % than Kyle...if he makes them in games...let him shoot when he's open. All of our guards/wings are allowed to shoot when open. Kyle had a better % than most of them. If he's wide freaking open...let him shoot the 3!
Are you making a assumption here or do you have info saying he was told not to shoot. I really think like most of the players was probably told not to shoot them so early in the clock and it was probably mentioned that we need him on the offensive glass but I have a hard time believing he was told not to shoot them if he is open.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 AM   #220
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Cronin would have told him not to shoot. Just make better shot selection and don't take the shot so early in the shot clock.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote