9 in coaches as well
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:03 PM   #172
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Dude I listened to that too. I never had before but I love UC content so I gave it a shot. Oh my god is it awful. Not only do that act like the sky is falling but they just make crap up and don't use anything to back up "how they feel". What a piece of crap podcast. I could go on and on about how bad it was but no one wants to read that in this theread. Holy sh*t though, You are exactly right. WTF was that? Saying Washington should be benched (btw the dude has never lost a home game at UC), saying Broome doesn't show up in big games...then looking it up and realizing they're wrong but just sticking with it, acting like our offense revolves feeding Scott in the post all the time? I have no idea what these people are watching. It's pretty hilarious but also horrible. They should try actually being prepared and editing out stuff that can easily be proven to be untrue. They basically just talk out of their asses and feed off of each other till they're in a horrible mood. It's so weird. You can tell they're just low-level BB people who know enough to think they know something, but don't know nearly enough to just talk off the cuff and have it be insightful in any way. God that sh*t was bad. I couldn't believe it.

I live tweeted both of them as I listened and challenged their lazy takes. Of course I got no response.

Every time that Matt dude is on, it’s just bad and as if UC is garbage.
It’s much more talerable when I Chris Bain’s or whatever his name is, is on.

I listened to 30 minutes and was so frustrated.

So when I get frustrated about fans, I might be taking out crap like that on people in this board, but this week on the internet has not been a shining moment for Bearcat fans.

I mean we’re top 10 and people are talking about us losing early in the tourney already. Enjoy the ride.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:16 PM   #173
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
9 in coaches as well

actually finding the poll itself im surprised UC's twitter is saying we are #9.

We are actually tied for 8th with 566 votes (with that other team in town).

edit: twitter page just removed the old post and has us as 8 now
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #174
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I live tweeted both of them as I listened and challenged their lazy takes. Of course I got no response.

Every time that Matt dude is on, it’s just bad and as if UC is garbage.
It’s much more talerable when I Chris Bain’s or whatever his name is, is on.

I listened to 30 minutes and was so frustrated.

So when I get frustrated about fans, I might be taking out crap like that on people in this board, but this week on the internet has not been a shining moment for Bearcat fans.

I mean we’re top 10 and people are talking about us losing early in the tourney already. Enjoy the ride.
I don't know who the people are and I won't listen again. I like Let's Talk Bearcat Basketball bc they actually have a structure to the show and talk as fans. I know for a fact those guys go way back as UC fans and just love watching the team. It's hard to pull off the super negative spin on a podcast, A. when what you're saying isn't even true, but B. bc people listen to podcasts to hear about things they like. I listen to that stuff on the treadmill or when I'm walking my dog, I want to just unwind and be entertained. Might be a lot to ask from people who just do it as a hobby, but I can easily choose to listen to something else. It's just a different format. On a board, you could post something negative but it's easy to read it, skim it, or ignore it in no time at all. But to have those voices plugged into your head for and hour straight is like torture. Why would anyone want to put themselves through listening to that?

Another thing they mentioned, and I think this is a direct quote: "The regular season doesn't even matter for this team." Bro then why are you podcasting about it? Go away until March then. That's such a load of crap too. It doesn't matter? Watching Gary Clark's SR year doesn't matter? Watching him go for AAC POY and Defensive POY doesn't matter? Watching Evans go for 1st team AAC and raising his pro stock doesn't matter? When he's 26 and balling in the NBA, I'm going to say that watching his regular season games mattered. Watching the team compete for a conference title doesn't matter? Cracking the Top 10 in basically every year-to-date metric doesn't matter? Continuing the nation's longest home winning streak doesn't matter? Watching 4 1,000 point scorers at once doesn't matter? Watching Washington try to complete an undefeated home CAREER doesn't matter? Watching Broome find his role on the team doesn't matter? Developing him as a major X-factor doesn't matter? Still being undefeated in the conference doesn't matter? Double digit winning streaks don't matter? Watching Cumberland turn into an all-around player before our eyes doesn't matter? Getting to see extended minutes from guys who will be the future of the program doesn't matter?

^If that doesn't matter, why the f*ck are you watching? And are you sure you're a fan? Bc it seems like a "You better win for me or I'm going to freak out on you" mentality. Really healthy approach to aim at a bunch of young guys who committed here as kids to pursue their dreams. They left home, they put themselves out there, and they're balling on national TV on the regular, while getting a free degree and a shot to make a living doing what they love. You think they need that bullsh*t from some couch-locked tools who don't know their head from their ass when it comes to basketball? GTFO.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:56 PM   #175
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartel View Post
Probably true. I just think we look at these games closer then others. I watched both games. We played like doggy doo for most of the ECU game but the final score did not indicate it (except to those that knew both teams). Holding a team to 38 is more impressive then holding a crappy UCF offense to 58 but again the voters probably dont get that...
UCF. Game - horrible first half, but how many other teams have defeated UCF by double digits on their home floor? Answer: Zero (& losses they had were without their starting point).
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:37 PM   #176
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't know who the people are and I won't listen again. I like Let's Talk Bearcat Basketball bc they actually have a structure to the show and talk as fans. I know for a fact those guys go way back as UC fans and just love watching the team. It's hard to pull off the super negative spin on a podcast, A. when what you're saying isn't even true, but B. bc people listen to podcasts to hear about things they like. I listen to that stuff on the treadmill or when I'm walking my dog, I want to just unwind and be entertained. Might be a lot to ask from people who just do it as a hobby, but I can easily choose to listen to something else. It's just a different format. On a board, you could post something negative but it's easy to read it, skim it, or ignore it in no time at all. But to have those voices plugged into your head for and hour straight is like torture. Why would anyone want to put themselves through listening to that?

Another thing they mentioned, and I think this is a direct quote: "The regular season doesn't even matter for this team." Bro then why are you podcasting about it? Go away until March then. That's such a load of crap too. It doesn't matter? Watching Gary Clark's SR year doesn't matter? Watching him go for AAC POY and Defensive POY doesn't matter? Watching Evans go for 1st team AAC and raising his pro stock doesn't matter? When he's 26 and balling in the NBA, I'm going to say that watching his regular season games mattered. Watching the team compete for a conference title doesn't matter? Cracking the Top 10 in basically every year-to-date metric doesn't matter? Continuing the nation's longest home winning streak doesn't matter? Watching 4 1,000 point scorers at once doesn't matter? Watching Washington try to complete an undefeated home CAREER doesn't matter? Watching Broome find his role on the team doesn't matter? Developing him as a major X-factor doesn't matter? Still being undefeated in the conference doesn't matter? Double digit winning streaks don't matter? Watching Cumberland turn into an all-around player before our eyes doesn't matter? Getting to see extended minutes from guys who will be the future of the program doesn't matter?

^If that doesn't matter, why the f*ck are you watching? And are you sure you're a fan? Bc it seems like a "You better win for me or I'm going to freak out on you" mentality. Really healthy approach to aim at a bunch of young guys who committed here as kids to pursue their dreams. They left home, they put themselves out there, and they're balling on national TV on the regular, while getting a free degree and a shot to make a living doing what they love. You think they need that bullsh*t from some couch-locked tools who don't know their head from their ass when it comes to basketball? GTFO.
Preach.

and to be honest I think people in general put too much stock in tourney success. Like I think a good tourney run can save a bad season but a bad tourney run doesn't ruin a great season. People get so hung up on it, and i think its mostly casual fans that do, not die hards as I love the regular season and I got kinda sad the other day when I ripped the ECU ticket from my ticket package and looked down to find I only get to see the bearcats at home 6 more times. I invest way too much into UC basketball to only care about what happens in a single elimination tournament.

Speaking of podcasts though, I honestly wouldn't mind starting up one. Something structured and maybe a round table of BearcatTalk regulars. I've always wanted to do it just never really tried it.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:13 PM   #177
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Preach.

and to be honest I think people in general put too much stock in tourney success. Like I think a good tourney run can save a bad season but a bad tourney run doesn't ruin a great season. People get so hung up on it, and i think its mostly casual fans that do, not die hards as I love the regular season and I got kinda sad the other day when I ripped the ECU ticket from my ticket package and looked down to find I only get to see the bearcats at home 6 more times. I invest way too much into UC basketball to only care about what happens in a single elimination tournament.

Speaking of podcasts though, I honestly wouldn't mind starting up one. Something structured and maybe a round table of BearcatTalk regulars. I've always wanted to do it just never really tried it.
I think a lot of that tourney importance is due to not having a deep run in a long long time. I think most fans would like to get that monkey off our back and it will remain important until we do. Put a couple of deep runs together and the importance on tourney success will die down a bit I think. I don't think most realistic fans think we can make a deep run every year...but they do expect one from time to time.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:44 PM   #178
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Preach.

Yeah I've never done any kind of podcast or anything. I don't know the first thing about how it works. That could be a fun idea though. We could set a certain time each week for anyone who would be interested to do a conference call thing on topics decided on beforehand.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #179
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I think a lot of that tourney importance is due to not having a deep run in a long long time. I think most fans would like to get that monkey off our back and it will remain important until we do. Put a couple of deep runs together and the importance on tourney success will die down a bit I think. I don't think most realistic fans think we can make a deep run every year...but they do expect one from time to time.
I just want to let this team write its own story.

I will say it'd be nice if we got to a point where any 4 years player here makes a Sweet 16 and wins a conference title and or conference tournament title.
Old 01-22-2018, 09:27 PM   #180
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I just want to let this team write its own story.

I will say it'd be nice if we got to a point where any 4 years player here makes a Sweet 16 and wins a conference title and or conference tournament title.
Gary has been here for 4 years and worked his butt off and never complained. I sure would like to see him get to a sweet 16 and beyond.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote