Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?
UC wins by 9+ 8 32.00%
UC wins by 5-8 7 28.00%
UC wins by 1-4 8 32.00%
SMU wins 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2018, 05:48 PM   #21
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
We'll be shaking BB&T, I guarantee that....know if Broome is available?
Concerning that UC has to sell student tickets to regular fans.

Also hate that the student section is on the side of the bar. While it’s cool for them, there is no seats above them so the sound escapes
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:24 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
UC -7.5 O/U 128
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #23
SMUPony

SMUPony is on a distinguished road
Conference Really Begins: SMU v. Cincy

We were hopeful to be on the cusp of Top 25 at this point. SMU needs this win. The Tulane loss hurt but we were without an over-performing freshman that stretches defenses and can hit the outside 3.

I've watched Cincy and thought they would be more efficient offensively. That being said, as always, Cincy is tough defensively. I expect Cincy to be at the cusp of Top 10 by seasons end.

Tomorrow's game should be interesting. If we keep Chargois out of foul trouble early and Ben E hits his outside 3s, it should be a very solid game. If you guys jump on us early and Chargois gets early fouls, we could be in trouble for the whole game.

My prediction: Cincy 68 SMU 66. Game won in the final minute.

Good luck. Stay warm. It was 60 in Dallas today.

BTW, are there any Corvette enthusiasts here. There's a place in Cincy called SevenHillsMotorCars and from time to time he has an old Vette that I'd like to consider buying. I'd love to have someone take a look for me and give me a thumbs up/thumbs down before i fly in. A good steak and scotch would be in order.
SMUPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #24
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUPony View Post
We were hopeful to be on the cusp of Top 25 at this point. SMU needs this win. The Tulane loss hurt but we were without an over-performing freshman that stretches defenses and can hit the outside 3.

I've watched Cincy and thought they would be more efficient offensively. That being said, as always, Cincy is tough defensively. I expect Cincy to be at the cusp of Top 10 by seasons end.

Tomorrow's game should be interesting. If we keep Chargois out of foul trouble early and Ben E hits his outside 3s, it should be a very solid game. If you guys jump on us early and Chargois gets early fouls, we could be in trouble for the whole game.

BTW, are there any Corvette enthusiasts here. There's a place in Cincy called SevenHillsMotorCars and from time to time he has an old Vette that I'd like to consider buying. I'd love to have someone take a look for me and give me a thumbs up/thumbs down before i fly in. A good steak and scotch would be in order.
Will be watching my bearcats on my patio bar. It was 78 today and Sunday. GO BEARCATS !!!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #25
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMUPony View Post

UC's offense is much better at home and while we aren't more efficient, we are playing at a much quicker pace, which is allowing us to score more PPG but also is causing us to be more sloppy with the ball.

THough I expect this to be a low scoring game as SMU is a grind it out type of team. Which is kinda puzzling to me, they have all the pieces to be a fast paced run and gun team and yet they still choose to use 18.7 seconds of clock per possession (#317 nationally). Maybe its because they don't go deep on the bench, I dunno.

Either way i expect a great game. Hopefully we have our home floor to play on and weather holds up so the crowd is great.

Im excited and nervous all at once. So many teams lost that we could gain some serious respect with a week like this.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 PM   #26
justinhub2003
Epic Member

If we can pull out a win tomorrow, I could see us moving up to 13th or so in the polls.

Im doing an early draft of my top 25 for reddit now and its a crap shoot, everyone lost.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I'm so pumped for this game.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #28
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
If we can pull out a win tomorrow, I could see us moving up to 13th or so in the polls.

Im doing an early draft of my top 25 for reddit now and its a crap shoot, everyone lost.
I know it's gonna be a crazy week for the pollsters. Five top ten teams lose, and mother half a dozen between 11-18. Gonna be a lot of movement. WVU to 3? Where does Wichita state end up I wonder
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #29
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I'm so pumped for this game.
Feels like a big one.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:44 AM   #30
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
i do have to sincerely ask why you guys care about the polls so much. they do such an awful job.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote