Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-22-2018, 09:55 AM   #81
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
something i was thinking about. currently we are 4-2 vs group 1 and 3-0 vs group 2.

does 4-1 vs group 1 and 3-1 vs group 2 look better to the committee?

i am honestly not sure, since we lost to florida is it better for them to stay in group 1?

it reminds me of a few years ago when we lost to uconn in that 4 OT game. that win pushed them into the top 50 in rpi so it added 3 top 50 rpi games to our resume of which we won 2.

just random thoughts that go through my head.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:18 AM   #82
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Hard to say. There's definitely a human element that is unpredictable. I think 4-2 Group 1 and 3-0 Group 2 looks better, but I'm not on the committee.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #83
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Second straight day of no meaningful games, so how about a resume update?

Currently, we are 4-2 in Group 1 with wins over Buffalo (29), at Temple (46), at UCF (55), at UCLA (64); and losses at Xavier (4), and Florida (24).

Rpiforecast projects all of those to stay in Group 1, plus adding these games: at SMU, at Houston, Wichita St, at Wichita St.

Personally, I think UCF is going to struggle to stay in the top 75 after losing Tacko Fall for the season. UCLA is going through a tough stretch, but they should stay top 75 if they just win their five remaining home games. So I think we will end the year with at least three Group 1 wins, with the possibility of adding up to four more.

From this point, every game but two is expected to be Group 1 or Group 2. The exceptions are home games against UCONN and Tulsa.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #84
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Second straight day of no meaningful games, so how about a resume update?

Currently, we are 4-2 in Group 1 with wins over Buffalo (29), at Temple (46), at UCF (55), at UCLA (64); and losses at Xavier (4), and Florida (24).

Rpiforecast projects all of those to stay in Group 1, plus adding these games: at SMU, at Houston, Wichita St, at Wichita St.

Personally, I think UCF is going to struggle to stay in the top 75 after losing Tacko Fall for the season. UCLA is going through a tough stretch, but they should stay top 75 if they just win their five remaining home games. So I think we will end the year with at least three Group 1 wins, with the possibility of adding up to four more.

From this point, every game but two is expected to be Group 1 or Group 2. The exceptions are home games against UCONN and Tulsa.
I think our resume is respectable but extremely fragile.

Most people are putting WSU as a 6 seed after the 2 losses. It just shows that if you win every game in this league you will get respect, but if you start dropping them, you lose it much quicker than you got it....
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:57 AM   #85
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Personally, I think UCF is going to struggle to stay in the top 75 after losing Tacko Fall for the season.
it really is a shame for that school. a real shot at the tournament coming into the season and lose your best player for the first half of the season and 2nd best player as soon as the first guy returns. just brutal.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #86
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
it really is a shame for that school. a real shot at the tournament coming into the season and lose your best player for the first half of the season and 2nd best player as soon as the first guy returns. just brutal.
Not to mention Dawkins out all year and who would have been another double figure scorer.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:43 PM   #87
Protected1
Banned

Protected1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I think our resume is respectable but extremely fragile.

Most people are putting WSU as a 6 seed after the 2 losses. It just shows that if you win every game in this league you will get respect, but if you start dropping them, you lose it much quicker than you got it....
Yep very fragile. Can't afford any bad losses at all.
Protected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:44 PM   #88
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Tuesday Jan 23rd 2018

Eastern Michigan @ Buffalo
7pm ESPN3
Buffalo at RPI 28. 89% chance to win.

Mississippi St @ Kentucky
9pm ESPN
Miss St RPI 75, right at the Group 2 cut line. 22% chance to win.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #89
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Tuesday Jan 23rd 2018

Eastern Michigan @ Buffalo
7pm ESPN3
Buffalo at RPI 28. 89% chance to win.

Mississippi St @ Kentucky
9pm ESPN
Miss St RPI 75, right at the Group 2 cut line. 22% chance to win.
Buffalo is killing it for us. How in the world does that thing spit them out at #28?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #90
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Buffalo is killing it for us. How in the world does that thing spit them out at #28?
They could be our highest RPI win of the year if WSU keeps losing. I don't think that would be a good look for our conference.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote