Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-13-2018, 10:26 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Pitino

Mick and Pitino being friends is widely known and often talked about by Mick.

I've said for years that Mick can have the friends he wants, but publicly backing Pitino is a bad look.

He seems to be around the program a lot these days. Thoughts?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I don't think Coach Cronin would ever do anything to put the program in jeopardy. That might be naive, I really have no idea how the behinds the scenes stuff goes in college sports these days (outside of the few schools named recently obviously). I'm not a Pitino fan but I can definitely see how him addressing our team can help the players. Is what it is I guess.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:15 PM   #3
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
guy is a coaching legend and isn't on the payroll. i can't see any downside in getting free assistance from a coaching legend.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:22 AM   #4
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
guy is a coaching legend and isn't on the payroll. i can't see any downside in getting free assistance from a coaching legend.
Because the guy is a slime ball who was basically kicked out of the game? Really sends a great message to our kids and is a good look for our program having that guy around...Way to go Mick. *Starts slow clap*
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:35 AM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Who cares. So Rick said a few words to the players. Big whoop. You guys act like the guy is on the bench being Mick's right hand man. Mick and Rick are friends. Get over it.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #6
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Because the guy is a slime ball who was basically kicked out of the game? Really sends a great message to our kids and is a good look for our program having that guy around...Way to go Mick. *Starts slow clap*
Wow
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:44 AM   #7
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Love Pitino and him dropping knowledge on our team. I know the players apprecite it
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Mick and Pitino being friends is widely known and often talked about by Mick.

I've said for years that Mick can have the friends he wants, but publicly backing Pitino is a bad look.

He seems to be around the program a lot these days. Thoughts?
I’m still calling you out as a Xavier troll.

I’ll circle back to the to Cumberland incident before the season started. You hadn’t posted on here for almost 8 months and then suddenly you post 7 comments in one hour regarding the situation.

7 comments in one hour!!!! After absolutely nothing for 8 months! LOL.

Now here you are again starting a thread about the friendship between the two coaches and the association one has with the team.

This screams little brother. I’d be more concerned with Mack dropping Xavier for the greener pastures in Louisville. I think it’s gonna happen. Much like Skip, Thad and Sean Miller did before him.

Last edited by TheShoeFits; 01-14-2018 at 08:28 AM.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:25 AM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
I’m still calling you out as a Xavier troll.

I’ll circle back to the to Cumberland incident before the season started. You hadn’t posted on here for almost 8 months and then suddenly you post 7 comments in one hour regarding the situation.

Now here you are again starting a thread about the friendship between the two coaches and the association one has with the team.

This screams little brother. I’d be more concerned with Mack dropping Xavier for the greener pastures in Louisville. I think it’s gonna happen. Much like Skip, Thad and Sean Miller did before him.
👏👏👏👏
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:26 AM   #10
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I couldn't care less about Pitino wearing a UC shirt or coming to games or talking to the team. Like him or not, the guy can coach. It's not a surprise that he and Mick are friends. Don't see it as an issue.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote