Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 02-04-2011, 07:54 AM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Rutgers assistant Van Macon watched 2012 recruit Daniel Dingle @DDingle42 of St. Raymond (NY) play today, per a source.

http://twitter.com/therecruitscoop
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:09 AM   #12
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
A tremendous home atmosphere is a huge influence on recruits:

Daniel Dingle is at his second St. John's game in the past month. The St. Raymond (NY) forward is very interested in the Johnny's.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #13
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
A tremendous home atmosphere is a huge influence on recruits:

Daniel Dingle is at his second St. John's game in the past month. The St. Raymond (NY) forward is very interested in the Johnny's.

Having Lavin there doesn't hurt either.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
Having Lavin there doesn't hurt either.
One thing I have always found interesting is when recruits go to UK they walk away overwhelmed by the atmosphere. People want to play in that. I think there are 4 primary factors in a recruits decision. Coach, other players on the team (including other incoming recruits), league exposure and atmosphere. The first three get you there but the last can seal the deal once your on campus. It also helps that you can bring a recruit in to any game knowing the arena will be full not just for big games.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #15
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
I'd put immediate playing time way up the list. I'd also put a successful team/tradition up high on the list. Players want to play for a team that is going to win and has the best chance of winning.

UK is always going to have that feel for recruits. I hate UK, but they are nuts about their basketball. Getting 20,000 for a scrimmage (as did UL) is insane.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:19 AM   #16
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
I'd put immediate playing time way up the list. I'd also put a successful team/tradition up high on the list. Players want to play for a team that is going to win and has the best chance of winning.

UK is always going to have that feel for recruits. I hate UK, but they are nuts about their basketball. Getting 20,000 for a scrimmage (as did UL) is insane.
Once again, towns that have only college athletics as their main sports draw. UC will never have that support of rabid fan base. I think a strong one can be created but not an insane one like UK fans or IU fans.

I agree with you on the immediate playing time as well. Especially if that's coming in the Big East.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #17
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

2012 St. Raymond (NY) teammates Nkereuwem Okoro & Daniel Dingle loved the atmosphere of the St. John's game last night.

Arizona has offered juniors Daniel Dingle & Nkereuwem Okoro of St. Raymond (NY).

Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

NYC 2012 F DANIEL DINGLE A HIGH RECRUITING PRIORITY

March 18, 2011 by NBE Blogger · Leave a Comment

Daniel Dingle feels he has some unfinished business to attemd to before his high school career at St. Raymonds’s in the Bronx (NYC) is done. Like his teammate and fellow Class of 2012 prospect Nkereuwem Okoro told NBE earlier today, the sting of losing in overtime to Christ the King in the CHSAA Class AA semifinal earlier this month has fueled Dingle to be ready to get over the hump in his senior season.

“We played well all season; just came up short in the semifinals,” Dingle told NBE today. “The highlight was just going hard everyday with my teammates that I love. The main goal is to win a city championship and a state title (next year).”

With Okoro, Shane Rector and Dingle expected to return along with several other key performers from this year’s team, the Ravens should be well-stocked for coach Oliver Antigua to reach their lofty expectations. The 6-foot-7, 220-lb Dingle is excited to keep working to reach those goals with his teammates.

“The past season went well, we really created a strong bond amongst each other,” he said.

Dingle is a well-rounded performer on the court and he showed off his versatility this past season when NBE saw him in action. Offensively he is capable of hitting perimeter shots and also getting rebounds and buckets around the rim. He is active on the offensive glass and also demonstrated decent passing ability with a couple of dimes to teammates. Dingle is a smart player and is productive, something he hopes to continue entering the importand spring and summer AAU period where he has been a consistent performer with the Long Island Lightning in the past.

“My plans this summer is to get better, have a monster summer, win as many tournaments as possible and also get invited to the top camps,” he said.

Dingle, whose brother Dana was a former star at UMass, is already being highly recruited by schools across the board at the Division 1-A leve. The spring and summer will ultimately decide how high of a recruit he ends up being, but the start of his recruitment is pretty impressive in scope.

“At this time my recruitment is still wide open. I’m considering all the schools that are recruiting me, such as Xavier, Arizona, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Florida State, Boston College, Kentucky, West Virginia, Iowa State, WKU, George Mason, Fordham, UMass, St. John’s and other schools I can’t remember right now off the top of my head,” responded Dingle to a message inquiring about the schools actively recruiting him that he would consider.

Dingle indicated the three schools recruiting him the hardest are “Xavier, Arizona and Rutgers” but quickly added his position of being very open at this point in the process.

“There are no current leaders at this point, each school is equivalent to one another at this time,” he said.

Dingle is planning to let the process play out, identifying some important factors which will go a long way in his decision.

“I really do not have a timeframe [to decide],” said Dingle, adding “the most important factor is a family environment, great academics, being able to contribute right away as a freshman, and school [and] coach that’ll get me better and ready for the next level.”

As with most basketball fans across the country this week and in the few weeks ahead, Dingle is watching the NCAA Tournament closely. When asked to predict who will cut down the nets this April in Houston, Dingle paused, aknowledging the wide open landscape of this year’s college basketball ranks before coming up with an answer much different that his peers we have talked with this week.

“That’s a tough question,” said Dingle when asked who he thought would win the tournament. “I might have to go with the underdogs, San Diego State. They’re just versatile at every position. Also they have a great coach (Steve Fisher), the coach of The Fab 5.”

NBE is looking forward to catching the versatile Daniel Dingle in action this spring and summer and following his recruitment as one of the top players in the Class of 2012 navigates through the decision process. Stay tuned with NBE for any future updates…

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0318/10325/
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #19
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
High b-ball IQ. Lives in the gym honing his craft.

Sounds like an SK type player.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #20
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

On Friday evening LI-Lightning’s 6-foot-6 forward Daniel Dingle of St. Raymond’s HS in the Bronx updated NBE on the latest with his recruitment.

“Boston College, FSU, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Georgetown, Rutgers, Arizona, Xavier, Temple, Auburn, a lot of schools,” Dingle told Matt Whitfield when asked for the list of schools recruiting him.

The Class of 2012 is planning a trio of visits this month.

“Over my spring break I’ll take unofficals to Xavier, Arizona and Boston College,” he said.

Dingle also said that to this point Xavier, Arizona, Rutgers, Fordham, St. John’s and Cincinnati have offered scholarships.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011...-notes-friday/