Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #501
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
I agree with you in that it comes down to his handlers and maybe what school will give him more exposure nationally. If it was obekpas decision I think he would have already committed. Obekpa has to convince his people that he wants to attend UC
Hard to imagine Providence or Oregon would provide more national exposure than U.C. I could maybe see St. John because its in New York, do you think thats where he's being pushed?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #502
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Hard to imagine Providence or Oregon would provide more national exposure than U.C. I could maybe see St. John because its in New York, do you think thats where he's being pushed?
Hearing that is just frastrating, in regards to national exposure. I think UC gets plenty of national exposure. Could they get more? Yes, but in the grand scheme of things. Seeing our weak out of conference schedule we get good air time. A ton of their games were on ESPN last year and they got plenty of time on the screen for the NCAA tourney. There isnt too much more you could want unless you are the likes of UNC DUKE KANSAS M. St.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #503
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Thats what I'm saying; I don't see the schools on his final list being able to give anymore national exposure to him. Especially since oregon, st. john, and providence don't have the recent success U.C. does.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #504
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Thats what I'm saying; I don't see the schools on his final list being able to give anymore national exposure to him. Especially since oregon, st. john, and providence don't have the recent success U.C. does.
I agree with ya, I was just saying for people before talking about exposure being an issue, if that's the case we are money.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #505
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Geez, just bring Obekpa in and show him a highlight video of Kenyon Martin and then one of Eric Hicks, that should do the trick. He has the potential to be like them.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #506
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
Geez, just bring Obekpa in and show him a highlight video of Kenyon Martin and then one of Eric Hicks, that should do the trick. He has the potential to be like them.
Be careful, he might commit to WVU then.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #507
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
does Depaul really have any chance at landing Obekpa?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-chris-obekpa/
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #508
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nparker1 View Post
does Depaul really have any chance at landing Obekpa?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-chris-obekpa/
He visited the campus, so yes, there is a chance. Slim, but a chance.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #509
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Jeff, lots of senarios being kickied around. Is it still your opinion that we will land Obekpa and move forward with the team we have now? if we add Ennis will it require a transfer to add him to roster? Is it possible we wuld add both tayor and Obekpa?
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #510
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Jeff, lots of senarios being kickied around. Is it still your opinion that we will land Obekpa and move forward with the team we have now? if we add Ennis will it require a transfer to add him to roster? Is it possible we wuld add both tayor and Obekpa?
Taylor is unlikely imo. Can't see him being brought on board with him not confirmed as qualified. Ennis will be in this week so the possibilities are interesting. If Ennis commits do you make room for Obekpa? The past tournament showed the importance of shot blockers. I think Mick will try and secure a committment for Obekpa but I'm absolutely not ruling out Ennis and Obekpa or another pg. It is obvious to me Mick wants another pg. How it works out we'll have to wait and see.
Closed Thread