Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2015 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 PM   #21
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline
2015 St. Benedict's (NJ) PG Isaiah Briscoe had 21 points & 6 assists tonight. Syracuse is close to offering.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #22
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop

2015 St. Benedict's (NJ) PG Isaiah Briscoe is on the Villanova campus tonight.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #23
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Memphis is expressing interest.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:56 AM   #24
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

J.R. Smith is the best scoring guard ever to come out of St. Benedict’s Prep.

Isaiah Briscoe may be the next stud scoring guard to emerge from the Newark school.

And Smith wants to get a look at the 2015 combo guard who is considering Syracuse and UConn, among other programs.

“There’s a lot of great talent there,” Smith said Friday after Knicks practice. “We have a freshman over there that’s really talented so I can’t wait to see what he looks like.”

Smith may get his chance when St. Benedict’s — which also features 2013 point guard Tyler Ennis — appears in the ESPN National High School Invitational March 29-31 on ESPN.

Smith was one of three St. Benedict’s alums who played in the Knicks’ 120-103 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Wednesday at MSG.

Samardo Samuels and Tristan Thompson of the Cavs were the others.

“I don’t really try to talk to my opponents as much, but they’re great kids,” Smith said. “I worked out with them a lot when I used to come back to St. Benedict’s. It says a lot about the tradition we have as basketball players and people we have. So hopefully we keep it going.”

Smith said former St. Benedict’s coach Dan Hurley called him when he first joined the Knicks.

Hurley is now the head coach at Wagner College, which plays Sunday in the Northeast Conference semifinals.

Should they win, the Seahawks would play Wednesday for an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.

“Coach Hurley called me the first day I got here,” Smith said. “He’s just a great person to play for. I mean, he brings out the best in all his players so just to be able to represent him while I’m out here on the court is amazing.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/03/02/j...oe/#more-68727
Old 03-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Pitt and Syracuse watching Mr. Briscoe.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

With four-star St. Benedict's Prep (N.J.) point guard Tyler Ennis out with a concussion, freshman Isaiah Briscoe has unmistakably excelled. Briscoe was named the Most Outstanding Player at the 52nd Alhambra Catholic Invitational Tournament over the weekend after collecting 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists in a 64-61 victory over Gonzaga College Prep (D.C.).

Plenty of time remains in Briscoe's recruitment, but Syracuse, which has already offered, seems to be the early frontrunner. Villanova is also in strong pursuit (Briscoe has visited the campus), and Arizona, UConn and Kansas are in serious contention. Baylor, Cincinnati, DePaul, Miami (Fla.), Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Seton Hall have also offered the precocious 6-foot, 200-pounder.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1qnaAq5ny
Old 04-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #27
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

2015 PG Isaiah Briscoe plays with the poise of a senior in college rather than the freshman in high school that he is. Young man is wise beyond his years.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012...report-part-i/
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Dave Telep‏@DaveTelep

Isaiah Briscoe plays SG at St. Bene's, PG for Playaz. See him as a SG w/IQ who can pass, attack, make plays.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #29
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Isaiah Briscoe (NJ Playaz 2015) – While still in the infancy of the recruiting process, Briscoe already has a very impressive list of offers. Arizona, Seton Hall, Baylor, Pittsburgh, Miami, DePaul, Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Syracuse have all offered the combo guard. Rumors have circulated that Syracuse is an early leader for his services because he’s been seen on campus a number of times but Briscoe dispelled those rumors explaining that he’s just been visiting his sister, a current student for the Orange.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012...eport-part-ii/
Old 04-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #30
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Isaiah Briscoe (NJ Playaz) – Playing in both the 15U and 17U tournaments Briscoe was nearly impossible to keep out of the lane on straight line drives from the top of the key.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012...op-performers/