Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #11
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Hoops recruiting will be 3-4 players at most and they rarely sign this far in advance. Also with mick, you almost never hear about recruits. Also there are way more players in football so, Obviously there will be more talk about them
I meant more of Chad's write-ups of who he sees/ likes, who he hears we are talking too, etc.

Trevor Moore committed this time last year, and then Nsoseme in August. Could hear some news in the coming weeks. Maybe not of a commitment, obviously, but of who we are targeting.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:53 AM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
I meant more of Chad's write-ups of who he sees/ likes, who he hears we are talking too, etc.

Trevor Moore committed this time last year, and then Nsoseme in August. Could hear some news in the coming weeks. Maybe not of a commitment, obviously, but of who we are targeting.
I replied to the wrong post. Mine was meant for Gerrard.

Chad also tries to make a living doing this. So he isn't giving out all that info for free. That, the way mick recruits, less bball recruits In general, and being the offseason are all reasons football is getting more attention right now.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Twitter and all the Bearcat Bloggers like Chad are 100% about football. Thats why I wont even join Bearcat Journal. Am I wrong, but did basketball take a backseat to football? I get it, the football program has a lot of positive buzz and I'm happy for them but wow, never put your top 15 basketball program behind your football program. What do you guys think? I might be 100% wrong I just am sick of checking Twitter seeing 100 things a day on football and no basketball stuff. Again, I like UC Football hope they have good years to come, but basketball is where it's at when it comes to Bearcats.

Unless it's just this slow right now in basketball and this is a very busy point in football I don't know?
I think you answered your own question at the end. There's nothing happening in basketball but I'm sure in a few short weeks people will be tweeting out pictures of their muscles and everyone will be freaking out about how much better player XYZ is going to be this season because he added 10lbs of muscle.

The lack of interest and posting in the football section of this site has always kept me away during this time of the year. Frankly I'd like to see more chatter and excitement for football since it will be here before we know it and the staff has generated a ton of positive momentum.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Right now there has been some commitments and visits from some really good players to schools like Xavier and others local schools and just haven't seen one thing about us, but oh well it's coming.
The real issue: UC isn't drawing much interest from kids worth talking.

The AAC is killing us. .

Xavier probably going to land Cole Swider (who's top 4 is Duke, Syracuse, NOVA and Xavier). They are also getting visits from a lot of top 75 recruits.

Im not sure UC has had a top 100 recruit even check out campus on an official visit.

The fact is; we have to fight over what the powerhouses don't want. It doesn't make a lot of news but it also landed us guys like Jacob evans, & gary Clark. I trust Mick to recruit the right guy. Its just really hard at the moment
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:58 AM   #15
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

The AAC is killing us. .

Xavier probably going to land Cole Swider (who's top 4 is Duke, Syracuse, NOVA and Xavier). They are also getting visits from a lot of top 75 recruits.

Im not sure UC has had a top 100 recruit even check out campus on an official visit.

The fact is; we have to fight over what the powerhouses don't want. It doesn't make a lot of news but it also landed us guys like Jacob evans, & gary Clark. I trust Mick to recruit the right guy. Its just really hard at the moment
I know. We all know the struggles right now but Cronin still knows how to find kids. I guess my point was just the lack of news at all this month but it's coming.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

The AAC is killing us. .

Cole Swider committed to Villanova today...Nova continues its reign
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:34 PM   #17
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Cole Swider committed to Villanova today...Nova continues its reign
Yea it made me pretty happy. I hope they strike out on all their top recruits. They are in on a lot
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #18
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Twitter and all the Bearcat Bloggers like Chad are 100% about football. Thats why I wont even join Bearcat Journal. Am I wrong, but did basketball take a backseat to football? I get it, the football program has a lot of positive buzz and I'm happy for them but wow, never put your top 15 basketball program behind your football program. What do you guys think? I might be 100% wrong I just am sick of checking Twitter seeing 100 things a day on football and no basketball stuff. Again, I like UC Football hope they have good years to come, but basketball is where it's at when it comes to Bearcats.

Unless it's just this slow right now in basketball and this is a very busy point in football I don't know?
I hate when fans do the whole "Football vs. Basketball" thing We need to all be UC fans-- meaning we want to support and be excited about football, basketball, baseball, etc-- especially if you are an alum and/or a donor to the university.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #19
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
I hate when fans do the whole "Football vs. Basketball" thing We need to all be UC fans-- meaning we want to support and be excited about football, basketball, baseball, etc-- especially if you are an alum and/or a donor to the university.
Again..I do support both. That's not what I was saying
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote