Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #231
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think we are better than ucla and x next year. Still could lose but wouldn't suprise me if we won both
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #232
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
IMO yes and if you look back to last year I was pretty much right on all the losses before the season started
Interesting. I went back to look at the 2016 thread. Here are your comments with my comments in bold...

Easy schedule cuz I think we lose all big games this year (big shocker) to lack of depth
Duke (did not play)
At Iowa state (wrong)
At Butler (right)
Xavier (wrong)
Uconn (wrong)
At smu (right)
Uconn (wrong)

"Rhode Island is a win (wrong) but 4 of the 7 are definitely loses, duke ,iowa state, xavier and one of uconn's I guarantee it (wrong on all). 24-7 (wrong) is still a good recorded regular season..."

I would not call 2 out of 7 almost right on all losses.

Last edited by waterhead; 05-02-2017 at 10:44 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #233
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
LMAO. That's what he use to tell his mom on his tests he would take in class. I almost got them all right Mom! Yeah man...2 for 7
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:47 AM   #234
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We suck on the road and this year all those hard games are on the road there for more than half will be losses.
Way to go out on the limb and project that, but what's your point? A loss to Wichita State, UCLA, Florida, or Xavier helps our RPI more than a win over Samford, Lipscomb, Brown, Albany, or Fairleigh Dickinson does. At the end of the day that helps us get a higher seed in the NCAA tourney which helps us have a better chance of making a run to a Final Four.

I'm sure people are going to complain if we lose more than half of our tough tests on the road, I'll be one of them, I think that's the original point you were trying to make in this thread. If you want to hold yourself to a higher standard then you put tough tests on your schedule and win them. The good news is that even if we do lose over half of them we'll still be in a better place SOS and RPI wise than we were last season, assuming we take care of our lesser competition the same way we did last year.

Complaining about losing games to good teams and complaining about playing them in the first place are two very different things.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 AM   #235
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Interesting. I went back to look at the 2016 thread. Here are your comments with my comments in bold...

Easy schedule cuz I think we lose all big games this year (big shocker) to lack of depth
Duke (did not play)
At Iowa state (wrong)
At Butler (right)
Xavier (wrong)
Uconn (wrong)
At smu (right)
Uconn (wrong)

"Rhode Island is a win (wrong) but 4 of the 7 are definitely loses, duke ,iowa state, xavier and one of uconn's I guarantee it (wrong on all). 24-7 (wrong) is still a good recorded regular season..."

The whole end of the year last year everybody said we were going to win out with like 10 games left no wind up losing three of them one in the tournament go back and look I was right you all were wrong

Last edited by Bearcatboy; 05-02-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #236
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Way to go out on the limb and project that, but what's your point? A loss to Wichita State, UCLA, Florida, or Xavier helps our RPI more than a win over Samford, Lipscomb, Brown, Albany, or Fairleigh Dickinson does. At the end of the day that helps us get a higher seed in the NCAA tourney which helps us have a better chance of making a run to a Final Four.

I'm sure people are going to complain if we lose more than half of our tough tests on the road, I'll be one of them, I think that's the original point you were trying to make in this thread. If you want to hold yourself to a higher standard then you put tough tests on your schedule and win them. The good news is that even if we do lose over half of them we'll still be in a better place SOS and RPI wise than we were last season, assuming we take care of our lesser competition the same way we did last year.

Complaining about losing games to good teams and complaining about playing them in the first place are two very different things.
This thing started with me asking a question if everybody was going to be mad if we lost these games and everybody turns it into he said she said

I get that it will make us better if we play harder teams or whatever but if you make it to the tournament no matter what seed you are if you were that good you should beat all the teams
Old 05-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #237
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
We can lose more games and be a better team. I think that what he doesn't understand. Too hung up on the win/loss record. We had plenty of teams in the 90s that never won 30 games that were great
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:00 AM   #238
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
We can lose more games and be a better team. I think that what he doesn't understand. Too hung up on the win/loss record. We had plenty of teams in the 90s that never won 30 games that were great
You are exactly right I care about wins and losses
Old 05-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #239
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The whole end of the year last year everybody said we were going to win out with like 10 games left no wind up losing three of them one in the tournament go back and look I was right you all were wrong
Your comment was about being right BEFORE the REGULAR season...not during. Now you are switching it up to include mid season predictions and post season losses. Try again

Last edited by waterhead; 05-02-2017 at 11:03 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:03 AM   #240
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Duke (did not play)
At Iowa state (wrong)
At Butler (right)
Xavier (wrong)
Uconn (wrong)
At smu (right)
Uconn (wrong)

It's also funny how at the beginning of the season I make predictions and you won't just so you don't look bad at the end of the year shows what kind of person you are