Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-27-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Bearcat Basketball Vs. Football

Twitter and all the Bearcat Bloggers like Chad are 100% about football. Thats why I wont even join Bearcat Journal. Am I wrong, but did basketball take a backseat to football? I get it, the football program has a lot of positive buzz and I'm happy for them but wow, never put your top 15 basketball program behind your football program. What do you guys think? I might be 100% wrong I just am sick of checking Twitter seeing 100 things a day on football and no basketball stuff. Again, I like UC Football hope they have good years to come, but basketball is where it's at when it comes to Bearcats.

Unless it's just this slow right now in basketball and this is a very busy point in football I don't know?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 AM   #2
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
June is a heavy football month because it is camp season and there is a ton of recruiting activity. Basketball is quiet because AAU is off for the month and all that is going on right now is summer workouts. BCJ is the only outlet that has had any updates on hoops this month but there isn't much to report on at the moment. That will shift when I hit the road to cover hoops recruiting on July 13th and carry through to the start of football camp in August. We have also been publishing articles on each of the new guys in hoops to keep some basketball content flowing while things are slow...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:14 AM   #3
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
June is a heavy football month because it is camp season and there is a ton of recruiting activity. Basketball is quiet because AAU is off for the month and all that is going on right now is summer workouts. BCJ is the only outlet that has had any updates on hoops this month but there isn't much to report on at the moment. That will shift when I hit the road to cover hoops recruiting on July 13th and carry through to the start of football camp in August. We have also been publishing articles on each of the new guys in hoops to keep some basketball content flowing while things are slow...
Ok thanks! Very understandable then.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:26 PM   #4
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
UC football is on fire right now! 🔥🔥 🔥🔥 🔥

4 commitments in 24 hours...4 really good commitments. Enjoy this.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #5
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Bball season is over for awhile. I think most uC fans are bball 1st but aside from the schedule, which is already done, what is there to talk about? If football gets better it's helps everyone
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Bball season is over for awhile. I think most uC fans are bball 1st but aside from the schedule, which is already done, what is there to talk about? If football gets better it's helps everyone
Right now there has been some commitments and visits from some really good players to schools like Xavier and others local schools and just haven't seen one thing about us, but oh well it's coming.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:06 AM   #7
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
As someone who was only a casual UC football fan, but a diehard basketball fan, I will say that the current football staff has made me move towards becoming a diehard football fan. Seeing all the action on Twitter has me pumped up enough to the point where I am thinking about hoops less and less. Honestly, joining BCJ has made me even more involved with the football scoops and such. I think it's free until football season starts so I'd join up and see if you enjoy it.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:07 AM   #8
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
As someone who was only a casual UC football fan, but a diehard basketball fan, I will say that the current football staff has made me move towards becoming a diehard football fan. Seeing all the action on Twitter has me pumped up enough to the point where I am thinking about hoops less and less. Honestly, joining BCJ has made me even more involved with the football scoops and such. I think it's free until football season starts so I'd join up and see if you enjoy it.
Especially since the hoops recruiting news will ramp up here in two weeks like Chad said. Going to be a great summer for UC sports news.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:34 AM   #9
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Especially since the hoops recruiting news will ramp up here in two weeks like Chad said. Going to be a great summer for UC sports news.
Hoops recruiting will be 3-4 players at most and they rarely sign this far in advance. Also with mick, you almost never hear about recruits. Also there are way more players in football so, Obviously there will be more talk about them
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Twitter and all the Bearcat Bloggers like Chad are 100% about football. Thats why I wont even join Bearcat Journal. Am I wrong, but did basketball take a backseat to football? I get it, the football program has a lot of positive buzz and I'm happy for them but wow, never put your top 15 basketball program behind your football program. What do you guys think? I might be 100% wrong I just am sick of checking Twitter seeing 100 things a day on football and no basketball stuff. Again, I like UC Football hope they have good years to come, but basketball is where it's at when it comes to Bearcats.

Unless it's just this slow right now in basketball and this is a very busy point in football I don't know?
I think the coverage will usually be proportionate to demand. More coverage on one doesn't mean less coverage on the other. In fact you can have both.
I cut my teeth on basketball and arrived to UC in Huggins first year. There was probably 10-15 years of basketball with very little football enjoyment.

I am very happy we now have reached a time when there are actual expectations out of our football program other than fielding a team. Basketball will probably always be my favorite but I am excited as hell for football. It's pretty cool we can be this excited about a coach or recruiting in football as a fan base without a down played yet.

We have had some very good coaches on the sideline over the years but we haven't had this type of success in recruiting ever IMO. I expect some very good news from BB recruiting soon and the coverage and fan chatter will follow.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote