Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 09-14-2017, 12:03 PM   #21
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
https://scout.com/college/basketball...-107402824/Amp
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:09 PM   #22
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

This is awesome. If we can get 1 more this fall, we'll REALLY be in business!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #23
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Alright...let's keep it rolling!! This kid has a lot of competitiveness. Looks like he can finish with both hands. He looks to favor his right hand in the lane but he shoots lefty.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:44 PM   #24
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Alright...let's keep it rolling!! This kid has a lot of competitiveness. Looks like he can finish with both hands. He looks to favor his right hand in the lane but he shoots lefty.
Just went back to count. In the video he finished 19 times with his right hand or both hands and only 3 with his left. He shot all outside shots with his left. Even his three assists in the video were with his right hand or both hands.

I like that versatility! Welcome aboard Logan!!

Last edited by waterhead; 09-14-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #25
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Great pick-up, team player -athletic- scores at all three levels. Slight build will change quickly at UC- plays tough not afraid of contact and has real PG skills.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #26
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
YES !!! GREAT NEWS
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #27
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

I like the "new core" that we're getting in place. With all the turnover in college sports, it seems like teams are defined in windows of a few years. Under Cronin, we had the original team of whoever we could get. Then moved to the core of Bishop, Gates, Cash, SK, etc. Then we kind of transitioned to the Clark, Caupain group, along with the Evans, Washington kind of guys. Now as we look ahead, we can already get a decent glimpse of what the years ahead will hold. Obviously anything can happen to change this...but it looks like we'll count on the Cumberland, Brooks, Williams, Diarra group. And Logan Johnson can be added to that. Our depth is getting scary...and we aren't done.

*Obviously I left some players out...but theres no point in basically listing rosters from previous years. Just putting together a few guys who can be foundational in our success.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:14 PM   #28
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
So I know the num of stars don't tell everything, but this says he is a 4* . Is that correct. So well within the top 100 for his class?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 08:51 AM   #29
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I like the "new core" that we're getting in place. With all the turnover in college sports, it seems like teams are defined in windows of a few years. Under Cronin, we had the original team of whoever we could get. Then moved to the core of Bishop, Gates, Cash, SK, etc. Then we kind of transitioned to the Clark, Caupain group, along with the Evans, Washington kind of guys. Now as we look ahead, we can already get a decent glimpse of what the years ahead will hold. Obviously anything can happen to change this...but it looks like we'll count on the Cumberland, Brooks, Williams, Diarra group. And Logan Johnson can be added to that. Our depth is getting scary...and we aren't done.

*Obviously I left some players out...but theres no point in basically listing rosters from previous years. Just putting together a few guys who can be foundational in our success.
I agree...we are filling the roster with guys who seem to be good 4 year system/program guys with good work ethic and Bearcat attitude. Good core group to build around. This should allow us to fill any holes that become apparent each year with recruits like Evans, Cumberland, and Clark or even a higher profile guy here or there.

I really like the depth we have this year. I hope we don't get back to the years when we only have 10 roster guys. I don't mind leaving 1 scholly open but I think we need to keep filling at least 12 of them. I would rather see depth on the bench than hoping to roll the schollies over and then hope we fill them all the following year "because we are in on a lot of good talent". That strategy never really panned out...we just kept rolling them over.

I say let's get quality players when we can. We can always hold one scholly over until spring to see if we can find a stud or late bloomer that can fill a hole in the lineup. With 12 guys on the roster we don't have to worry as much about the dreaded injury. We have been fortunate to remain mostly healthy with a short roster the past couple of years. Depth on the roster keeps guys working hard for minutes and we also should have better quality practice. Depth should also account for 1 or 2 recruiting duds and guys who need a year or two to develop.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:28 AM   #30
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
So I know the num of stars don't tell everything, but this says he is a 4* . Is that correct. So well within the top 100 for his class?
I think Scout has him at #100
247 has him at #112
Rivals has him #130